TRExp

TR6 Tech Forum

Convertible top frame rail spacing......

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

toofast4you Silver Member Mike M
Charleston, SC, USA   USA
I'm transferring over my convertible top frame webbing from an old frame to my new top frame and was wondering if anyone knows the correct spacing of the rails. My spacing is: 13.5" from header panel to 1st rail.....10.5" from 1st rail to 2nd.....11.5" from 2nd to 3rd rail and 16" from 3rd rail to rear panel. Anyone know if these are close or correct? The webbing has the holes drilled in these locations. Thanks!!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DerekM Avatar
DerekM Silver Member Derek McAllister
Toronto, ON, Canada   CAN
I followed these instructions when I rebuilt mine http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/TR6Top/TR6SoftTop.htm

Derek McAllister
Toronto, Ontario
1974 TR6 Sapphire Blue/Shadow Blue

I saw those instructions and a few others but was wanting to see if I can re-use the webbing since it looks fairly new but the top was trash. I guess I could measure the distance between the seams on the new top to determine where the rails need to be located and see if the seams match the rivet holes in the webbing

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ed.h Ed Hollingsworth
Omaha, Nebraska, USA   USA
When I tried to use my old webbing as a pattern for new webbing, it came out too long. Obviously the old webbing had stretched.

Ed

Yeah I thought of that but the webbing looks pretty new. I'm going to measure the new tops seam locations then use those numbers to compare and decide if the 'new' webbing can be re-used. Thanks!!

ed.h Ed Hollingsworth
Omaha, Nebraska, USA   USA
The measurements on the Buckeye site put my bows right on the seams.

Ed

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster