Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

abenevento Avatar
abenevento Tony B
jacksonville, Fl, USA   USA
Look what is on the cover of a catalog that came in the mail today. Unreal!!! At first I thought it was for Triumph parts, but it's for clothes by Sundance, a Robert Redford company. Thought you all might get a kick out of a 43 + year old Triumph TR 6 making the cover. I certainly was pleased....

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0454.JPG    51.2 KB
IMG_0454.JPG

wsquared Warren W
Olathe, Kansas, USA   USA
Why is the "Triumph" badge located above the LEFT tail light? A restoration goof? Or a Photoshop job? If the latter, why would the catalog publisher have felt that was necessary? You can clearly see the "TR6" decal on the left rear wing, so the car already was identified, if they felt that was important.
So many questions, so few answers. (And nothing better to do right now. Don't want to drive; it's rainy outside.)

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
We have a friend who is a Psychologist and Psychologist, I once mentioned how when out for a drive in the Spitfire, especally if I have our Welsh Terrier along in the passenger seat, that women (mainly of a 'certain age') will go out of their way to talk about the cute dog, car or whatever.

Our friend started laughing and then spent some time explaining why a man in an older sports car + an appropriate dog would be 'Chick Bait'

It seems the car represents stability, resourcfulness a good income, sence of adventure. The dog in the passenger seat suggests I might be single (I am not, the dog just likes the car more than my wife), kindness and again stability (guys with pets tend to be less transient )

It seems the colour of the car and breed of dog are important too. An overly flashy colour scheme (or an overly flashy car for that matter) would be a turn off, too blatant or self indulgent. While the dog shoud appear friendly (a Pit Bull for instance would not do) but also 'manly' (a too small breed might get you the wrong attention!)

She went on for quite some time listing 'triggers' apparently even the wood dashboard is a turn-on it suggests warmth, carbon fibre would be a turn-off.

In short Triumphs are Blokes cars! This is not lost on advertisers where image is EVERYTHING!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
So green on a 6 would be a good color? (I'm single since Jane died in January). My last driving TR3 was red and got lots of attention. Unfortunately, it was from high school age women who wanted to go for a ride. There is a difference between crazy and stupid.

Used parts are negotiable; they look better on your car than in my shop.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
gfe05111952 Avatar
gfe05111952 George Earwaker
Falls Church, Virginia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1501966 by chris So green on a 6 would be a good color? (I'm single since Jane died in January). My last driving TR3 was red and got lots of attention. Unfortunately, it was from high school age women who wanted to go for a ride. There is a difference between crazy and stupid.

All you need now is that terrier Chris. smiling bouncing smiley

George
1967 Triumph GT6
1967 Triumph Spitfire4 Mk2
1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk3

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster