Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

abenevento Avatar
abenevento Tony B
jacksonville, Fl, USA   USA
Took "little red" 1974, TR6 to North Carolina mountains. Went to the famous , Dragon's tail, road of 318 tuorns in 11 miles.
Little red smoked it. It was great zooming through the turns, and with the torque of the 6, ran up the mountains with no problem. You need to go there.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0447.JPG    56.7 KB
IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_1901.JPG    62.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
maxd Avatar
maxd Bill D
Fort Pierce, Florida, USA   USA
Been there, the rt,# is Tenn. 129, really cool but my supervisor, (wife got car sick,not good).
BD

tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, Wisconsin, USA   USA
A few years ago my wife and I drove to Pigeon Forge. then over to Cherokee and back the next day. The following day down to the Tail and up to Cherokee and then the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. The Cape May-Lewes Ferry and worked our way north and then across Pennsylvania and back home to Wisconsin. A beautiful drive all the way.
I do not understand the trailer. winking smiley

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
abenevento Avatar
abenevento Tony B
The trailer was to get the car from Jacksonville Fl to Franklin NC. While I would have no problem driving the 500 miles in the TR6, the wife put a veto on that plan.....

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
You might want to join 6-Pack next year for their 6-Pack TRials being held in Fontana Dam, North Carolina.

Pretty cool to have almost 100 TR250's and TR6's cruising the "Dragon" at the same time.

Here is all you need to know.

https://jimholewka.wixsite.com/trials2018

See you there!

Cheers
Tush

BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
Thanks for sharing. Inspirational. I’ve got to get on the stick - finish either the 6 or the 250 - so I can do the 6-Pack TRials. Almost right in my back yard next year. Right now, only my 4A and MGA are on the road. I’ve got work to do.

Looks like a great trip. Time to re-focus. thumbs up

Best,
Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hi Braxton ,

A TR6 or 250 would be great but its not a requirement to be a part of the TRials. This year we had other Triumphs join us as well as a TR4, TR7 and TR8...previous years we have had TR3's, Spits, GT6's etc etc. There is even an "other british" category for the Concourse and participants choice car show on the Saturday.

Cheers
Tush

abenevento Avatar
abenevento Tony B
I went on the site, but could not find the dates of the TRials... Do you know when it is scheduled for Fontana?

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, Mississippi, USA   USA
Sept 27 thru the 30th...thumbs up

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Yep cool smiley

Cheers
Tush

Attachments:
image.jpeg    71 KB
image.jpeg

BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
Thanks Tush. I’ll use it as motivation to get the TR6 done. And fall back on the 4A if I have too. I appreciate the info.

(Poster artwork is GREAT - kudos to whoever put that together!)

Best,
Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-15 09:20 PM by BraxtonO.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster