Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dsixnero Avatar
dsixnero Dan Colanero
Westville, New Jersey, USA   USA
So, while under the car I noticed fluid dripping from the slave cyl. so I ordered rebuild kits for both. Took them apart, cleaned them and put in the new seals. After putting them back in the car and bleeding many times, I don't feel presure until the pedal is halfway down. It wasn't like that before. Any ideas? Dan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Does your clutch slave have the spring inside? Slave mounted with the bleed screw on top?

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

dsixnero Avatar
dsixnero Dan Colanero
Randall, yes and yes.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Brett E Brett Evans
Columbus, Ohio, USA   USA
1973 Triumph TR6 "Scarlet Harlot"
I'm thinking there must still be air in the line. When you bled the clutch did you use a vacuum tool? I recently had to bleed my brakes and clutch and I tried to do it with a vacuum tool. The fitting on the tool was letting in so much air that I couldn't get it out of the lines. Went back to the old fashioned way of pumping the pedal while my nephew turned the bleed nipple. Both brakes and clutch pumped right up and pedal pressure feels great.

dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1497368 by dsixnero So, while under the car I noticed fluid dripping from the slave cyl. so I ordered rebuild kits for both. Took them apart, cleaned them and put in the new seals. After putting them back in the car and bleeding many times, I don't feel presure until the pedal is halfway down. It wasn't like that before. Any ideas? Dan

Dan --- See how far out the slave cylinder rod moves when the clutch pedal is pressed to the floor. It should be very close to one half inch. If not, something is either assembled wrong in the MC or the SC, or there is still air in the line.

Dick

modandrocker Steve N
Greensboro, NC, USA   USA
Dan,
I worked for hours trying to bleed my slave cyl. I finally jacked up the front of the car and by using a 2x4 wedged in between the compressed clutch pedal and the seat face. I then left it in this position overnight. In the morning I quickly released the Bleeder Screw and then tightened it . This overnight stay idea seemed to naturally allow the air to surface to the top where the bleeder screw is. It's just me and two girls...this is what I do...sad but true.

dsixnero Avatar
dsixnero Dan Colanero
Steve, thanks, I just did that but did not sit over night, good idea. Just did it twice, one hour between, got a bubble out each time, doing it one more time, clutch is starting to feel right. Dan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-13 02:03 PM by dsixnero.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster