AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lgray001 Avatar
lgray001 Gold Member Larry Gray
Lexington, VA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR7 "POS-2"
1979 Triumph TR7 "The Money Pit"
All:

This weekend I was elected Membership Chairman of the Shenandoah Valley British Car Club.

One of the things I want to make an effort to achieve is recruiting young members as most of our members are 50+.

I would appreciate any suggestions from the forum membership.

Thanks,

Larry Gray

ALL:

I've received 65 responses in one day from the various forums.

Thanks for your input.

Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-07 04:28 PM by lgray001.

Member Services:
A Small Business serving the aviation community with avionics knowledge.
Brett E Brett Evans
Columbus, Ohio, USA   USA
1973 Triumph TR6 "Scarlet Harlot"
I have found that the best way to get young people involved is include them in events where they get to ride in the cars. Take them along on a rallye and let them be the navigator so they can be involved. We used to run poker rallyes and time/speed/distance where we were given clues and a map. The kids had a blast looking at the map and helping locate the clues to tell us where to turn. after that you can get them involved with things like tune ups etc. Let them turn the wrench. Next thing you know,they'll be hooked like us. My Nephew is a pretty good mechanic and regularly helps me with my car, and it all started with me giving him rides. I taught him how to drive a standard gearbox with my TR6 and I know he will look after it when I'm gone.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster