TRExp

TR6 Tech Forum

Any recomendations for a fabric top for my 76 TR6?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, Wisconsin, USA   USA
I would like to replace my vinyl top with a fabric one with a zip down rear window. Any recommendations for brand and/or source? I have been considering the possibility of having the zip tabs on the outside for easier access.
Thanks,
Tom

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sapphire Avatar
Sapphire Walt P
York, PA, USA   USA
Hi Tom,
there are a bunch of discussions on the TR-Register website about who makes the best Hoods.
Can't link directly to them, however.
Go to TR Register website, TR6 forum, and enter 'best hoods' in search box on top-right of page.

1972 CC80594U Sapphire Blue

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-05 07:40 AM by Sapphire.

Midgnuts Avatar
Midgnuts Silver Member Dean Webb
Medford,, OR, USA   USA
Hey Tom,

Just purchased a Robbins Haartz Stayfast canvas top for my 72 TR - 6 w/zip out window. Very impressed. To be installed in Dec.

Also have one on the TF and am very happy with the fit and looks of it. Wish the rear window was a bit larger and had a zip out on the TF but it's specked to the original.
Easy to keep looking nice but I plan on treating both with 303 Fabric Guard.
More $ but I like the look.
DW

BTW - I grew up in Hanover PA and did my fair share of partying in York in the early/mid 60's. Can't remember the name of the Disco Club on Main St. but always a fun time for sure.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
TF New Top.JPG    59.6 KB
TF New Top.JPG

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Tom,
Jim installed a very nice cloth top on Desert TR and once I get home I’ll post the information on it. It’s on a TR4a, but the quality should translate to your TR6.
Rut

A Brit in Bama Avatar
A Brit in Bama Keith Norrie
Eva, Alabama, USA   USA
Tom, I fitted a very nice cloth (mohair) top I got from Rimmer Bros in the UK. I waited until they had one of their regular sales.

It has the zip out rear window you are looking for.

What I liked most was that it came with the a new rear spreader bar with the snaps all pre-installed, which made fitting much easier.

Very pleased with it

Attachments:
20170415_083253.jpg    28.9 KB
20170415_083253.jpg

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Tom,
I made it home, but can’t find the info...I’ll keep looking.
Rut

davidhendry Avatar
davidhendry Dave Hendry
Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA   USA
I just put on a Robbins Stayfast top w/reflective stripes. Looks awesome bought it from The Roadster Factory. Had it professionally installed. They normally go on sale in the spring.

tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, Wisconsin, USA   USA
The mohair top Keith installed is intriguing as is the Robbins top from TRF. I have been getting more parts from Albert lately with better satisfaction. Also looking forward to see what you have, Rut.
My goal is to have both my Midget and TR6 to be dependable for the next 10 years which would take me into my 80's.
thanks for your help.
Tom

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links