Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

SKIKIR Avatar
SKIKIR SKIP KIRCHHOFF
OR, USA   USA
I completely replaced all parts in my front suspension to solve some problems with the way my car sat. I got my parts from a guy who I knew had all good parts and was liquidating every things (as in giving them away on orders from his wife) so I got everything I needed, might need and could possibly ever need. The Outback was a little lower on the ride home. Anyway I got a full set of brand new springs and I put them in on the rebuild. I love the way they ride but they are about an inch too high. I can't think of the name of them off hand but they are thinner and more supple than original. I've thought of putting spacers between the spring pan and suspension arms but I can't figure away around the sway bar mounts. Any ideas?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rjc157 Avatar
rjc157 ralph c
pearl river, NY, USA   USA
.............There's a guy on ebay that makes a lowering kit their aluminum I think he wants 150 for the pair not sure of the name

SKIKIR Avatar
SKIKIR SKIP KIRCHHOFF
OR, USA   USA
I think I saw that one but I asked him how he dealt with the sway bar mounting and he never replied. I thought about using some aluminum bars between the pan and arms but then you would have to figure out how to cut out and shim for the brackets.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
gbtr6 Perry Rondou
Titletown, WI, USA   USA
If you've just put them in, give them a few months of driving to settle a bit. They usually do. Then take a look. I replaced my bushings and the height went up a bit. Always higher after new springs, but they settle.

Perry

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1975 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links