Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

timing
GDL412 Garry Loomis
Granville, NY, USA   USA
Set timing at 12 degrees BTDC, retard vacuum doesn't work. set my idle little high, rpms fluctuate 1000 to 950 rpms. Any suggestions? thanks garry

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mhbva Avatar
mhbva Marc Botzin
Lorton, Virginia, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Monty"
Not seeing why you would want the idle to be set higher than 850, but you may want to set or check your timing by vacuum reading to 17-18 inches. In my car, I can get the car to idle as low as 500 rpm although it is a lot smoother at 850.

dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1494889 by GDL412 Set timing at 12 degrees BTDC, retard vacuum doesn't work. set my idle little high, rpms fluctuate 1000 to 950 rpms. Any suggestions? thanks garry

Garry --- Is the engine speed fluctuating, or just the tach needle?

Dick

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
barry s Avatar
barry s Silver Member Barry Stoll
Alexandria, VA, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
1976 Triumph TR6
1980 MG MGB
You don't address plugging the vacuum line to the distributor. It must be well sealed at the carb/manifold.

dsixnero Avatar
dsixnero Dan Colanero
Westville, New Jersey, USA   USA
Gary, I have a different cam and I'm at 14 btdc and between 900 and 1000rpm.Goes down to 850 when the e-fan comes on.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster