Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

A Brit in Bama Avatar
A Brit in Bama Keith Norrie
Eva, Alabama, USA   USA
Had mine in for about a year. I'll echo that they initially feel very different to the standard seats, but that is because the foam in the originals had collapsed, as had the seat diaphragms. The Mazda seats made me sit quite a bit higher, and improved comfort and visibility.

I also like the security of the higher headrest.

After running with the Mazda seats for a while to ensure I liked them, I ordered some covers from Mr Mike's. Decided to go with houndstooth cloth inserts, to be cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Like others, I also used the Patton mounting brackets, making instalation and removal a 5 min job.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20161124_114708.jpg    43.7 KB
20161124_114708.jpg

Sierra 6 Avatar
Sierra 6 Steve Wylie
Litchfield Park, Arizona, USA   USA
Here is another comparison between the stock seat and the Miata seat. Like others have said I used Mr. Mikes covers, and Rick Pattons brackets. Both are top shelf.

Attachments:
6 seat 2.JPG    39.2 KB
6 seat 2.JPG

maxd Avatar
maxd Bill D
Fort Pierce, Florida, USA   USA
I picked up a pair of Miata leather seats this weekend. They are in really good condition s I think I'll leave them alone for now, maybe dye my door panels to match. Haven't decided how to mount them yet. Also I'm not wild speaker magnets that close to my head, just a thought.
Bill

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Miata Seats.jpg    65.9 KB
Miata Seats.jpg

maxd Avatar
maxd Bill D
Fort Pierce, Florida, USA   USA
Can someone whose done this tell me, does the seat go back further than the stock seats? I would like a little more leg room. Also am I the only one bothered by the relatively large speaker magnets inches from your brain?
Bill

johnstydo Avatar
johnstydo John Styduhar
Hermitage, PA, USA   USA
I bought a pair of 01-05 Miata tan leather seats (no headrest speakers) with brackets from a local seller and installed in my 71 TR6 to replace my original seats that needed restored. I used the Miata brackets and modified according to an online TR forum site. I positioned the brackets using the original TR6 front inner mounting hole and drilled through the floor pan/frame on the other three (no big deal). I considered the Patton and ARE mounting brackets but I wanted to keep the Miata seats as low as possible. The seats are a tight fit side-to-side but there is adequate fore and aft movement for someone 6 feet or shorter in height. The Miata seats have an adjustable back that works by a lever on the outboard side and access to the jump seat area is great. The back of the seats will hit the rear wheel arch in the rearmost position. The TR tonneau cover will not fit as original. Make sure you position the seats with the convertible top down and the cover on. I was able to purchase a driver's side factory seat bottom in tan leather online. Recovering the seats is easy. The seat design and feel of the Miata seats are great.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster