Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

voxboy Avatar
voxboy Silver Member Jeffrey C
Lynnwood, WA, USA   USA
Alright, everyone. In my very first post, I wrote that this issue was most likely "user error". Well, I did not re-istall the throttle linkage correctly! The portion of the linkage you can see between the two carbs is secured in place and connected to the lower right-hand screw of the rear carb and the lower left hand screw of the front carb. I had neglected to secure the linkage to the rear carb! Idiot.

I still have to set the ignition timing and hook up all the vacuum lines but I believe I am in the clear. THANK YOU for all your informative posts. I've been restoring this car for a year and could not have done it without this forum and site.

Please visit my member page where you can see some recent pics I'll be posting in the next week. I've replaced the entire interior from bare metal, installed a new wood dashboard, re-wired the entire car, refurbished the fuel tank and radiator, re-sprayed the car, replaced all chrome (almost), bought new wheels (a unique type for the TR6 but I love them), put in a new front grill, alternator, coil... among many many other things. I'm very proud of it so far and look forward to sharing it with other TR6 lovers.

Finally, I will be in London next week for work and will be attending the Lancaster Classic Motor Show in Birmingham! I'll be posting a separate thread asking who else might be there but, by any chance, are any of you in this thread going (Tony, Paul, Barry, Ken)?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster