AutoShrine Sponsor

Intake Manifold plumbing 74 TR6
  This topic is about my 1974 Triumph TR6
bluefish Avatar
bluefish Silver Member Al Miller
Canastota, New York, USA   USA
1952 Chevrolet 3100
1974 Triumph TR6 "TR In A Basket"
Need help with plumbing my 74 TR6. The car is going through a restoration and I am currently installing the carbs and cannot find any defined references in either the Bentley service manual on line or any other reference material. The car came with the manifold shown in the first photo and after looking at a friends car, also a 74 it has the manifold shown in the second photo. The original manifold doesn't have an ERG assembly, the opening for the ERG is plugged and no opening in the manifold for the pipe from ERG exists. Prior to the restoration I was bale to run the engine but numerous hoses were plugged.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_20171026_180640768.jpg    53.3 KB
IMG_20171026_180640768.jpg

IMG_20171026_132942776.jpg    46.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Atl TR6 Avatar
Atl TR6 Bruce W
Braselton, Georgia, USA   USA
Al,

my 74 was as your friends......except I have removed some of the pollution plumbing...including the EGR.

The picture is it's current state.

Bruce
1974 base TR6 Emerald Green "Emmy"
(with J-O/D added)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 06:39 PM by Atl TR6.

Attachments:
100_4087.jpg    60.3 KB
100_4087.jpg

bluefish Avatar
bluefish Silver Member Al Miller
Canastota, New York, USA   USA
1952 Chevrolet 3100
1974 Triumph TR6 "TR In A Basket"
More photos please! I want to copy your set-up

Question:

1.Where does the hose coming off the opposite side of where the brake servo hose attached to the manifold?
2. There appears to be a "T" in the hose running to the brake servo, Where dose that hose go?
3. What did you do with all the small lines running all over the place? What did you do to supply vacuum to the distributor, I don't see a hose going that way?
4 What about the valve in the top radiator hose?

As am I sure you can tell I am a bit lost getting this plumbing straightened out and need detailed help getting my car set up.

Thanks so much!!!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Atl TR6 Avatar
Atl TR6 Bruce W
Braselton, Georgia, USA   USA
Al

1. down to the carbon canister
2. it goes to the Smiths vacuum gauge under the passenger side dash. its a good indicator of how engine is running
3.removed. no vacuum on the distributor. Its rebuilt byJeff at advanced distributor and I switched back to points.
4. replaced with a one piece silicone hose instead of the 2 piece hose. all lines to removed.

I capped off any unused ports on the carbs.
Depending on the state you live in, you may or may not be able to remove these items

Bruce
1974 base TR6 Emerald Green "Emmy"
(with J-O/D added)

Attachments:
100_3882.jpg    50.1 KB
100_3882.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster