Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

74TR6Oshawa Marc Purcell
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hi Everyone

I'm looking for a modern retro looking radio for my 74 TR6. I'm looking for a radio with push buttons and an analog (either real or fake) display.

My understanding is that most dealers installed radios as an option. Therefore, there was some variation as to what radio was installed when the cars were new. Is this true?

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
smaceng Avatar
smaceng Scott Macdonald
Martinez, CA, USA   USA
try these people....they have a wide variety of products: https://www.retromanufacturing.com/
Cheers, Scott in CA

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
My 74 Spitfire came with a Leyland (as in British Leyland) radio when new.

At that time car radios in the UK were quite expensive options. Whereas in North America they were common OE fixtures or inexpensive aftermarket options.

I know on my first trip in 75 to the US (from the UK) one of the things I brought back home with me was a Craig car radio.

I imagine it would be less expensive for a dealer to fit a new Triumph with an aftermarket domestic radio, than order the car from the factory with an OE radio.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mhbva Avatar
mhbva Marc Botzin
Lorton, Virginia, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Monty"
Marc:

If I read your post correctly, you are looking for a head unit to fit the space for a radio on the support bracket. Look on ebay under "Triumph radio" and you will find radios from $20 to $400+. Interestingly, the so-called retro radios with push buttons are the most expensive while the cheap Chinese units are digital with Bluetooth and MP3.

74TR6Oshawa Marc Purcell
Thanks for information.

74TR6Oshawa Marc Purcell
Thank you for your response.

74TR6Oshawa Marc Purcell
Thanks for the reply

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster