Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada   CAN
I removed my stainless steel trim that runs along the rocker (Sill) panel below the door and need to replace a couple of the fixings (big surprise that rust ate them!) but nobody I have talked to recognizes them.
Does anyone here recognize them and possibly head me in a direction where I can source them?

Thanks
Andy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
2017-10-20 18.39.39.jpg    25.7 KB
2017-10-20 18.39.39.jpg

ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
I don't believe those are original to the purpose, unless they changed after 1974: Originally they had a large "cup-disk" which had a pop-rivet body, and simply fit into a hole, and the pop rivet fixed it in place..TRF trims page

You might try (Restoration Specialties if you want to try to find the same type... Download their catalog, and flip through it...

Scott

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Here's what they should look like as described by Scott

Cheers
Tush

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
image.jpeg    32.5 KB
image.jpeg

gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
Thanks guys,

The holes in my rockers are too big to try and use the pop rivet type now so I will have to find something different.

Scott, great resource for fasteners, cheers.

Tush, great reference photo. Keep those videos coming, very informative.

Cheers
Andy

DerekM Avatar
DerekM Silver Member Derek McAllister
Toronto, ON, Canada   CAN
Might you be able to use the ones in Tush's photo if you drill them an use a larger rivet?

Derek McAllister
Toronto, Ontario
1974 TR6 Sapphire Blue/Shadow Blue

gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
In reply to # 1494391 by DerekM Might you be able to use the ones in Tush's photo if you drill them an use a larger rivet?

The holes are about 8mm diameter to take the fastener, might be an issue finding a pop rivet that size but I will take a look when the car comes back from the body shop (rusty rockers!)

Appreciate the advice.
Andy

tr6easyrider Avatar
tr6easyrider Joe S
Riverside, CA, USA   USA
Andrew, Is the body shop replacing the rusty rockers? If not, maybe they can braze the holes closed and you can drill new holes for the proper rivet clip, which is a blind rivet.

Attachments:
s-l1000 (Small).jpg    42.9 KB
s-l1000 (Small).jpg

tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, Wisconsin, USA   USA
I used 3M double sided trim tape on both my Midget and TR6 trim on the trim strips under the doors on the rockers.
3M trim tape It can be found at many stores that sell automotive supplies and is available in different sizes. It is also easy to trim to size.

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
Fill the holes, and drill new ones...

Scott

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1969 Triumph GT6 MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links