Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

trtyme Tom Tyme
Buford, wyoming, USA   USA
Hello i have a 70 model
I ordered new rear springs. Old were 11 and the new were 11". They still raised the car a bit to around 29'5" so i'm going to try the 1' shorter heavy duty bpnw sells.
I read a good height is around 28.5, does that sound right?

I had a little positive camber b4 installing the new springs. I think that increased also by the way. Hoping 1" shorter will take it away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-22 08:32 PM by trtyme.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dsixnero Avatar
dsixnero Dan Colanero
Westville, New Jersey, USA   USA
You would think someone would make an uprated spring just short of the stock length so the ride height would be right. I use Good Parts comp. springs with half inch shims at the rear and left the stock ones up front.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 04:37 PM by dsixnero.

rjc157 Avatar
rjc157 ralph c
pearl river, new york, USA   USA
If you put the shorter ones in the back you have to put shorter ones in the front as well I bought mine from VB and totally dissatisfied I would call GoodParts to get your best result

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
trtyme Tom Tyme
My fronts wheel wells both measure 26 3/4. Tires are 205-65-16's

In reply to # 1493406 by rjc157 If you put the shorter ones in the back you have to put shorter ones in the front as well I bought mine from VB and totally dissatisfied I would call GoodParts to get your best result

trtyme Tom Tyme
I ended up putting in bpnw's 1" shorter rear springs and added a goodparts spacer on the driver's side.
So now the drivers is at 28.1/2", passenger 28 7/8"
Not very noticeable but wondering if i could take out 1 packing on the passenger side to get it a bit closer?
Is the packing necessary?
Thought about putting a strip of rubber in there for the spring to sit on so it's not metal against metal.
Thoughts?

j007 Avatar
j007 Joseph M
Madison, Ohio, USA   USA
Is your camber adjusted properly in the rear?, this will change car height.

Joe
73 Triumph TR6

dsixnero Avatar
dsixnero Dan Colanero
Westville, New Jersey, USA   USA
Tom, you need the rubber so the spring won't dig into the metal and it keeps them quiet. So you shimmed the left side but the right side is higher, dosn't make sense. I think you should look at the position of the trailing arm brackets. Dan

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links