Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Irs tr6
Gl1800 Ralph Tait
Elyria, OH, USA   USA
How do you correct a serious positive camber. Parts are all new, originally done by some one else

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
POW Peter Wirth
HEBRON, NH - New Hampshire, USA   USA
Can only think that the springs are too long or too high a rate (or both), or that too thick spring saddles are being used.

frostr6 Avatar
frostr6 Bill Connell
St. Paul, Minnesota, USA   USA
You might also check that the trailing arm brackets weren’t installed upside down or something. If they’re the adjustable brackets, you should be able to readjust them to spec, unless it has the wrong springs.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1492846 by Gl1800 How do you correct a serious positive camber. Parts are all new, originally done by some one else

Ralph --- Several causes and cures for this. All do-able for the enthusiast. You'll want to visit the buckeye triumph web site on "rear Suspension Adjustments".

Dick

w147ik Avatar
w147ik Heinrich Koncki
George, Western Cape, South Africa   ZAF
1963 Morris Mini Traveller "Moritz"
2001 BMW Z3 "Wife's Car"
Are we talking front or rear suspension?
Rear: Adjusting rear camber.

dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1492953 by w147ik Are we talking front or rear suspension?
Rear: Adjusting rear camber.

Good point, HK. The picture shows Nelson taking the measurements at the rear wheel rims. I just assumed Ralph was asking about the rears!

Dick

Sapphire Avatar
Sapphire Walt P
York, PA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1492953 by w147ik Are we talking front or rear suspension?

IRS is Independent Rear Suspension.smileys with beer

1972 CC80594U Sapphire Blue

Gl1800 Ralph Tait
Elyria, OH, USA   USA
Still looking for info on REAR suspension. Top of wheels bowed out 3 to 4 in.

TRoutMac Avatar
TRoutMac Pete Chadwell
Bend, Oregon, USA   USA
Ralph:

Can you upload a photo please?

It strikes me that whoever overhauled this particular IRS did such a poor job that you're going to have to do it all over again. With any luck, that won't entail purchasing more parts… but something's dreadfully wrong. Heck, I'd say as much if you had just a little positive camber, as many cars that were set up "normally" had significant NEGATIVE camber. So even a little positive camber doesn't seem right.

A photo of the car as it sits would be helpful, but also if you could get it up on stands with the rear wheels removed and take a few shots back there, that would be very interesting indeed.

Good luck.

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, Mississippi, USA   USA
In reply to # 1493082 by Gl1800 Still looking for info on REAR suspension. Top of wheels bowed out 3 to 4 in.

Heinrich in Post #5 provided a link about as good as you'll find.

w147ik Avatar
w147ik Heinrich Koncki
George, Western Cape, South Africa   ZAF
1963 Morris Mini Traveller "Moritz"
2001 BMW Z3 "Wife's Car"
In reply to # 1493094 by poolboy
In reply to # 1493082 by Gl1800 Still looking for info on REAR suspension. Top of wheels bowed out 3 to 4 in.

Heinrich in Post #5 provided a link about as good as you'll find.

Thanks Ken, I´m not often at the forum since my 6 was sold, but feel from time to time, I should add my 2 cents.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster