Hard Top Identification

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ripvwsss Dennis B
Forest, Virginia, USA   USA
I am looking for help identifying what vehicle this top is made for and finding it a new home. It came with the TR6 that I recently bought, but obviously was not made for the TR6. It was made by the Snugtop company. The serial number is 19040. I contacted them but they said that they no longer have records for these tops. They seem to mostly manufacture pickup truck bed covers these days.

It is solid fiberglass with a heavy vinyl cover. It seems to be in pretty god shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis
'76 TR6

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Hardtop 1.JPG    70.4 KB
Hardtop 1.JPG

Hardtop 2.JPG    67.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
dsixnero Avatar
dsixnero Dan Colanero
Westville, New Jersey, USA   USA
Have you tried it on your tr6? the side window looks like any tr4-6

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Yeah, looks very close to one I have in storage for a TR6.

Cheers
Tush

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
It sure looks like the TR6 Snugtops I've seen. Try it on for fit.

chad in Tulsa

ripvwsss Dennis B
Forest, Virginia, USA   USA
I was taking the word of the guy I bought the car from who said it didn't fit correctly. I guess I better try it out for myself.

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
Those are good little hardtops. They make the TR warm in the winter. They are not as nice looking as the factory tops but are easier ( because they are lighter weigh) to put on than the fatory metal tops. Not worth much used ($3/400). I always keep one around in case I get a 4/250/6 in that doesn't have a good rag top.
Marv

TomChar Avatar
TomChar Silver Member Tom Coulter
Springfield, PA, USA   USA
Not having a hardtop of any kind myself, don't these things in general need additional hardware to install on the car? Maybe the PO didn't think it fit because he was missing this hardware?

Tom
1974 TR6 CF24871UO. Dual Weber MCHH carbs.

moneytime Avatar
moneytime Milt Patnor
denver, colorado, USA   USA
1972 Triumph TR6 "Old Nellie"
I saw this top on a 1969 TR6 model, but not sure if it was originally made for that car? I don't know if all TR6 hardtops are interchangeable or not? If anyone knows please let me know.
Thanks

palermo russ n
Providence, northeast, USA   USA
all years are interchangeable/

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster