Dead rodent

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mikegold57 Mike Goldberg
Rockville Centre, NY, USA   USA
I believe something crawled into my dashboard and died. The smell is horrendous. Has anyone ever had this happen? What can I do?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rjc157 Avatar
rjc157 ralph c
pearl river, new york, USA   USA
Look under the seats either way your going to have to find it shouldn't be too far

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
I have a friend that had the same thing with a Lexus SUV. Several times to the dealership, they never did find it.
she ended up tradeing the car at a big loss.

At least our cars are simpler and have less hiding places.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Wire wheel guy Jim Smith
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA   USA
Mike, sorry to tell you that it is beyond repair and a total loss.
I would suggest that you have it shipped to me along with the signed title and bill of sale.
As a fellow enthusiast, the least that I can do is properly dispose of it for you and spare you the misery.
No, don't thank me, I am sure you would do the same if the shoe were on the other foot.
Cheers,
Jim
P.S. Please include a full tank of gas if convenient.

mikegold57 Mike Goldberg
Rockville Centre, NY, USA   USA
Jim,
Give me your address and I'll ship it out first thing tomorrow and you know what I'll even pay for the shipping. It's the least I can do for your trouble.
I attached a photo so you'll know my car when it shows up.
Thanks,
Mike

Attachments:
My car.jpg    11.9 KB
My car.jpg

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Check the glovebox first....speaking from experience....

Cheers
Tush

Krom Avatar
Krom Paul K
San Rafael, CA, USA   USA
Pull the heater box and flexible air hoses. Sort of like the Hilton for mice...PK

ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
In reply to # 1484829 by mikegold57 Jim,
Give me your address and I'll ship it out first thing tomorrow and you know what I'll even pay for the shipping. It's the least I can do for your trouble.
I attached a photo so you'll know my car when it shows up.
Thanks,
Mike

You do realize that now constitutes a "verbal contract"... Uh-oh...

Tote Tony M
Kingston, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Another common area where I find mice is in the pleats of the convertible top when its folded. They nest and defecate and if you are unfortunate they will eat holes in the top.

Went to a car show (decades ago), showed the car, raised the top before going home and out popped two dead mice, their nest and a lot of crap. The smell was terrible...drove home with the top down!

My GM had a nest in the heater box (only sat for a weekend), I had to remove the heater motor and fan and vacuum all of the hoses out, then disinfect it all...it stank! And maggots coming out the air vents when I turned the fan on...just terrible.

brucejon Avatar
brucejon Bruce Jones
Santa Cruz, CA, USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR3B
1963 Triumph TR3B "Tupperware TR3"
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII
1972 Triumph TR6
Now that needs a video.....

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster