Looking for a Good One

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lkarpman Larry Karpman
TX, USA   USA
Looking for a TR6, chrome bumper, w/overdrive. Not particular about year, but condition, lack of rust is everything. Been in T-Series MG's for years, but sold my last one recently. I understand there are some rust issues with the TR6, but they are not easy to spot. I'm looking for one in great condition that needs little work. I'm getting too old for heavy mechanical work. Any guidance in looking for a good one would be appreciated.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sapphire Avatar
Sapphire Walt P
York, PA, USA   USA
A good introduction to a TR6 search.

It looks wordy, but following this advice can save you thousands of dollars, not to mention a lot of grief.

http://www.6-pack.org/j15/index.php/buyers-guide

1972 CC80594U Sapphire Blue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 07:04 PM by Sapphire.

lkarpman Larry Karpman
TX, USA   USA
Thsnks. Exactly what I was lookiing for.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dsixnero Avatar
dsixnero Dan Colanero
Westville, NJ, USA   USA
Larry, I think the only way to have a really rust free TR6 is to buy one that has been completely disassembled and documented with pictures.I'm sure someone on here will argue that they have a rust free original, but they can't prove it without taking the car apart. I made sure my car would never have any rust but now I'm old and rusty and my car will outlive me, so what was the point? Dan

arcom Avatar
arcom Josh W
New Bern, NC, USA   USA
Bringatrailer.com has had some very nice ones over the past month or so. There's two up now, one without overdrive and the other with overdrive and a +$30,000 bid (!)

South San Frncisco, CA, USA   USA
grrr grr snap snap snap goes the wolf.
then you seek a perfect car that is also 40 years old iff a day....
what is the point of that?
i think at bottom we who have tr6 keep them
so we can fix them.... there is no future in
keeping a perfect bit of British iron.they are made
to be repaired... (my next choice to restore seats or explore
rear trailer arm mounts, springs, levers... i am running out
of things to do...)
there IS a near or perfect one out there flr you...Good luck...You only then have
half the fun...and three sea cruise trips lighter...(dancing with
grateful ladies of all stripes )...
regardez
wes

rjc157 Avatar
rjc157 ralph c
pearl river, NY, USA   USA
I would try to find something local at least you can inspect it if not your at the mercy of the seller then you have to expect at least 1000 for delivery overdrive cars are getting hard to find and will command a higher price I went with a Toyota 5 speed conversion best thing I ever did good luck

TX TR Avatar
TX TR Mike Barrett
Manor, TX, USA   USA
1964 Triumph TR4 "Richard"
1969 Triumph TR6
1978 MG MGB "The Bucket"
Hey Larry,

Where are you in Texas and have you joined your local Triumph car club?

Club members always have leads on cars.

Thanks

Mike
Hill Country Truimph Club
Manor, TX.

lkarpman Larry Karpman
TX, USA   USA
Mike: I'm in the DFW area. Don't think we have a local Triumph club, but not sure. I'm starting to think that a TR6 in the condition that I'd like is probably out of my price range from what I see on line. But I'm not sure about that either. I'm currently looking at TR3 and TR4 also, as well as MGB and Midget. After 4 Series III Jaguars, 3 Miatas, and 3 T-Series MG's I've kinda been out of the loop on other marques. It's going to boil down to what comes available that tickles my fancy, is in good shape, and is affordable. Only caveat is that I can no longer do the heavy restoration work I once could. I'm now much, much more into the driving experience than I am into restoration. Maintenance sure, but no more playing for months/years on end with the big pieces. smileys with beer

TX TR Avatar
TX TR Mike Barrett
Manor, TX, USA   USA
1964 Triumph TR4 "Richard"
1969 Triumph TR6
1978 MG MGB "The Bucket"
Check the Red River Triumph Club.
They are an awesome group!

Also By the By We are having Central Texas All Brit. car days.
Friday meet up.
Sat. Ralleys/ runs to watering holes.
Car show on Sunday in Round roack.

Check out ABCD round rock TX.

arcom Avatar
arcom Josh W
New Bern, NC, USA   USA
Nice one now on Bringatrailer.com

lkarpman Larry Karpman
TX, USA   USA
In reply to # 1486265 by arcom Nice one now on Bringatrailer.com

If you mean the red one - wow! Bet it goes for a premium.

DCS01 Avatar
DCS01 Dwight Sims
Memphis, TN, USA   USA
Larry - Have you found a TR6 yet? If not, I have a '75 pimento with black with OD, 55k on odometer. Forced to sell because of right below knee amputation. Can send some pics if interested. Located in Memphis, TN. Asking $24.5. Reach me at dcs01@suddenlink.net / 9014836861

lkarpman Larry Karpman
TX, USA   USA
Thanks for your post, and sorry to hear about your leg. I'm currently experiencing some health issues and I've had to put my search for a replacement to my '53 MGTD on hold till I have more info on my situation. Want to make sure I'm going to be around to enjoy whatever I buy smileys with beer Your car looks quite nice BTW. Good luck with your sale.

DCS01 Avatar
DCS01 Dwight Sims
Memphis, TN, USA   USA
Larry - Hope your health issues work out for the best as well. I’m not really actively trying to sell; probably won’t do anything until spring. If you get back in the search, get in touch if you’re interested. Thanks again,

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1980 Triumph TR8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links