AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

5 speed emblem
  This topic is about my 1975 Triumph TR6
rjc157 Avatar
rjc157 ralph c
pearl river, new york, USA   USA
To all the 5 speed Toyota conversion guys has anyone made a plaque or emblem that denotes a 5 speed Herman gives you a sticker saying H V D A 5 SPEED was looking for something more substantial maybe in chrome plastic

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1483460 by rjc157 To all the 5 speed Toyota conversion guys has anyone made a plaque or emblem that denotes a 5 speed Herman gives you a sticker saying H V D A 5 SPEED was looking for something more substantial maybe in chrome plastic

Ralph --- Not so obvious, but here's one idea.

Dick

Attachments:
Dash + 5 speed shift knob.JPG    44.7 KB
Dash + 5 speed shift knob.JPG

jtmjbda Jeff Chappell
Herriman, UT, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Mrs Thatcher"
Now THAT is the ultimate coolness! Did you dig up a shift knob that fits, or just replace the insert on your original knob?
Thanks
Jeff
ps I put the HVDA conversion in my TR6; been up to my eyeballs in other stuff, so just had one short drive around the 'hood to make sure all was good with the trans.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dicta dick Taylor
In reply to # 1501268 by jtmjbda Now THAT is the ultimate coolness! Did you dig up a shift knob that fits, or just replace the insert on your original knob?
Thanks
Jeff
ps I put the HVDA conversion in my TR6; been up to my eyeballs in other stuff, so just had one short drive around the 'hood to make sure all was good with the trans.

When picking up my 5 speed conversion kit I saw it lying on Herman's bench. He said I could have it if I wanted it. (Herman is known for his generosity and unselfishness with anything TR related). I will ask him where he got this and pass it along.
Yes, the internal threads on this knob are the same as the original TR6 knob.
Meanwhile, Walmart has some spiffy aluminum "racing" knobs with the 5 speed pattern on it. Check it out!

Dick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-05 01:16 PM by dicta.

Attachments:
5 speed shifter knob.JPG    33.4 KB
5 speed shifter knob.JPG

jtmjbda Jeff Chappell
Herriman, UT, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Mrs Thatcher"
Thankssmiling smiley
Jeff
ps Yes, Herman is an amazing guy--hope to drive the TR to CA someday and meet him.

dicta dick Taylor
In reply to # 1501546 by jtmjbda Thankssmiling smiley
Jeff
ps Yes, Herman is an amazing guy--hope to drive the TR to CA someday and meet him.

By now many people in the TR crowd know that Herman has passed away. Very sad. Apparently from pneumonia. He was 82. Helena said she would let me know if and when there is any more information to be passed along as to services for him.

Dick

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster