LED tail lamps

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Spokester Jerry Joseph
Allentown, PA, USA   USA
I'm going to try this board first. 30 LEDs are grouped as closely as possible under the convex lens. The bump in the housing really limits putting a board behind the entire lens.

A support frame is necessary since there's nothing to attach a board to on the housing.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170401_091621.jpg    43.7 KB
20170401_091621.jpg

20170401_091706.jpg    37.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20170401_091715.jpg    44.5 KB
20170401_091754.jpg    48.4 KB
Spokester Jerry Joseph
Allentown, PA, USA   USA
There are now 3 TR6's around with brake and rear turnsignal boards so I'm confident they'll fit for others.

I have added the brake, turnsignal, and reverse lights for the TR6 on my website if anyone is interested. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Prices:
Brakes (pair): $90
Rear Turnsignals (pair): $90
Reverse (pair): $60

Spokeworks LED

I have reverse boards in hand and they work very well. The reverse boards have 30 LEDs each and come with hardware to mount the boards in the light bulb opening.

Directly behind the car the LED board is 3x brighter than the standard bulb when both lit with 14V applied. The bulb burns about 28W whereas the LEDs burn about 4W.

The bulb light pattern is shown. It's an interesting pattern and bodes well for the design of the lens/refractor to use as much of the light energy as possible given the bulb has minimal reflector action from the light housing.

The LED board light pattern is below. This is more of a reverse headlight than a broad pattern reverse indicator lamp.

Attachments:
20170331_141524.jpg    13.5 KB
20170331_141524.jpg

20170427_085651.jpg    6.7 KB
20170426_121410.jpg    33.7 KB
20170427_084312.jpg    40.9 KB
A. Bradley Aaron Bradley
Erwin, TN, USA   USA
1969 Jaguar E-Type 2+2 "The Jag"
1975 Triumph TR6 "The TR"
Hey Jerry, They work and fit like a champ. The hardware and fixtures fit as good as can be in my case. (By the way, I just recently noticed you kindly included a hex wrench taped to the inner box but I had one that fit.)
Performance review: Driving to The Mitty, A few friends followed me in their big jacked up truck. They noted how bright and crisp the brake and turn signals were at decent traffic distances. On the last day which was cold hard rain monsoon hell, they still worked like a champ. I turned them on for the Skidpad Challenge, won 1st in Vintage Street then drove home in hard rain from hell. Water filled every nook and crevis of the car. Even with new foam tail lamp gaskets, the concave tail had water standing in the tail lights... but they still worked. The lil' TR in highway traffic walked around on standing water, huge spray, but glad to have strong brake and signal lights.
In reply to # 1459282 by Spokester There are now 3 TR6's around with brake and rear turnsignal boards so I'm confident they'll fit for others.

I have added the brake, turnsignal, and reverse lights for the TR6 on my website if anyone is interested. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Prices:
Brakes (pair): $90
Rear Turnsignals (pair): $90
Reverse (pair): $60

Spokeworks LED

I have reverse boards in hand and they work very well. The reverse boards have 30 LEDs each and come with hardware to mount the boards in the light bulb opening.

Directly behind the car the LED board is 3x brighter than the standard bulb when both lit with 14V applied. The bulb burns about 28W whereas the LEDs burn about 4W.

The bulb light pattern is shown. It's an interesting pattern and bodes well for the design of the lens/refractor to use as much of the light energy as possible given the bulb has minimal reflector action from the light housing.

The LED board light pattern is below. This is more of a reverse headlight than a broad pattern reverse indicator lamp.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Spokester Jerry Joseph
Allentown, PA, USA   USA
Thanks for the feedback Aaron. Glad to hear the boards fit well.

Finally got the first "production" boards in hand. I built the first boards for your car and now my colleague at work will be building all future boards. He's much better than I at PCB assembly. I still need to clean the boards, apply conformal coating, add the quick connect spade connectors, test and ship. Should get these out next week.

Attachments:
20170608_233843.jpg    56.5 KB
20170608_233843.jpg

tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, Wisconsin, USA   USA
First thing is that you do not need to use ballasts or change wiring to get the signal lights to work. The only thing other than the bulbs that needs to be changed is to use the electronic flashers from Moss. And they need to come form Moss. I tried flashers from other sources and they did not work with out changing wiring or using ballasts.

Second, the footwell lights that go on when the doors are open need to be positive ground.

Third, I found the small bulb for the switch plinth under the dash at Classic Car LEDs.

Fourth, I used the Avery chrome vinyl film on the exterior light reflectors to enhance the brightness of the bulbs. I found this to be plenty bright with out going to the "cluster" bulbs some are using.

litezupp.com/
superbrightleds.com/
lbfccars@gmail.com Classic Car LEDs

http://www.metrorestyling.com/Avery-Dennison-Conform-Chrome-Vinyl-Film-p/cwsf100-843-s.htm

So install your Moss Electronic flashers and your new LEDs and hit the road.

I did leave 3 non-led bulbs, the four way flasher indicator and the rear license bulbs.

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-09 01:04 PM by tomshobby.

Attachments:
IMG_1603.JPG    48.6 KB
IMG_1603.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG    41.2 KB
Spokester Jerry Joseph
Allentown, PA, USA   USA
Working on front turnsignals now for the TR6. Should have the first pair done in a couple of weeks.

I'm having a 10% Christmas sale at SpokworksLED.com till January.

The attachment hardware will be very interesting for these boards.

Attachments:
TR6 FTS 2.jpg    44.8 KB
TR6 FTS 2.jpg

trtyler Robert Tyler
Canyon Counrty, CA, USA   USA
Check out Classiautoleds.com
LED rear light for a TR6

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster