Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

skootch13 Avatar
skootch13 Aaron K
Cincinnati, OH, USA   USA
I installed the BPNW HD stock height rear springs over the weekend. They raised the rear to about 29.5". That's nearly 1" higher than stock. I do not like the look of being this high up. Also, I now have several degrees of positive camber in the rear. Ugh.

So, I ordered stock springs from TRF. I figure that if they make the car still too high, at least they may settle over a few months. I really don't feel like playing with camber.

1972 Sapphire Blue TR6

1999 BMW Z3 2.3

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Triumphgt6er Avatar
Triumphgt6er Jim Snell
Cave Creek, Arizona, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Bubbles"
In reply to # 1405467 by skootch13 I installed the BPNW HD stock height rear springs over the weekend. They raised the rear to about 29.5". That's nearly 1" higher than stock. I do not like the look of being this high up. Also, I now have several degrees of positive camber in the rear. Ugh.

So, I ordered stock springs from TRF. I figure that if they make the car still too high, at least they may settle over a few months. I really don't feel like playing with camber.

That was my exact experience. BPNW was great about letting me exchange them for the HD lowering springs which I love. IMHO better to lower and shim up if you need to!

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
Aaron did you drive the car with the BPNW springs? did you like it? I am a little confused on their springs as they are rated 400lb both front and rear? I am still waiting to talk to Ted at tci about his springs.

74 TR6 - Carbs by POOLBOY
81 Corvette

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, Mississippi, USA   USA
Ted should be back in Ohio by now. He presented an informative "tech session" at VTR, plus he was always willing to discuss related topics at his parts display in the vendors area.
Here's Ted talking something over with Jim Herter (aka RatRidgeRoadster)

Attachments:
TED & JIM.JPG    42.5 KB
TED & JIM.JPG

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
yes, I got him on the phone today at 4, he was very helpful, I will probably go with his stuff. Although he thinks his lower springs are still 3-4 weeks away from shipping. I just pulled a rear shock and it was still full of oil and seems very hard to extend back and forth. I have to assume it is still good to use? or is it an item that should just replace anyway?

81 Corvette

skootch13 Avatar
skootch13 Aaron K
In reply to # 1405519 by clifish Aaron did you drive the car with the BPNW springs? did you like it? I am a little confused on their springs as they are rated 400lb both front and rear? I am still waiting to talk to Ted at tci about his springs.

Yes, I did drive the car for a few miles. They were stiffer than what came out. But I think any new spring from any source is going to feel stiffer than the spaghetti noodles I took out. I would not say it was unpleasant at all.

1972 Sapphire Blue TR6

1999 BMW Z3 2.3

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
Just finished a great talk with Ted from TSI, Awesome guy who really seems to know his stuff backwards and forwards. His performance springs are 392 lbs front and 475 lbs back with a 2% accuracy on rate. I am definitely going with his springs/bushings etc ....just need to see about testing my rear shocks first.

81 Corvette

skootch13 Avatar
skootch13 Aaron K
This is getting comical on my end.

I installed the standard spring from TRF last night. it's an inch taller than what came out of my car. It has more coils than my standard spring that came out of the car originally. And the car sits over 30" high at the center of the wheel arch.

Left Spring: Stock out of my car

Middle Spring: BPNW HD stock height

Right Spring: TRF Standard height and strength.

Here is the car with the BPNW Springs. These springs raised the car to 29.5 inches high. I want mine a little lower.

I am ordering BPNW 1" Lower springs.

1972 Sapphire Blue TR6

1999 BMW Z3 2.3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-13 01:00 PM by skootch13.

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
Call Ted at TS imported he has his own springs made to his spec and he knows his stuff...sells both the lower and reg Hd. 800.543.6648

81 Corvette

skootch13 Avatar
skootch13 Aaron K
BPNW 1"lower HD springs installed. They look good and no crazy positive camber. 28.5 inches at the wheel arch.

1972 Sapphire Blue TR6

1999 BMW Z3 2.3

crewless Avatar
crewless Silver Member Kevin Duffy
Raleigh, NC, USA   USA
1951 Morris Minor MM Tourer "Millie"
1965 Lambretta Li 150 Series 3 "Lucy"
1976 Triumph TR6 "Tina"
I fitted exchange dampers and the HD springs from BPNW a few week ago and I am really pleased with ride.

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
Installed TSI imports hd lower springs in the rear along with poly trail arm bushings took ride height down from 30" to 28.5". orig springs were in there + an aluminum spacer (both removed). The ride seems so much better and less harsh than before.....that is until I smashed the TR6 into the back of my ford e-series van....ouch.

Can't wait to rebuild the front end in a few weeks

81 Corvette

trtyme Tom Tyme
Buford, wyoming, USA   USA
My situation is exactly as skootch describes, same springs from bpnw and same height and positive camber issue. Going to exchange for bpnw's lower springs this morning.

In reply to # 1405467 by skootch13 I installed the BPNW HD stock height rear springs over the weekend. They raised the rear to about 29.5". That's nearly 1" higher than stock. I do not like the look of being this high up. Also, I now have several degrees of positive camber in the rear. Ugh.

Triumphgt6er Avatar
Triumphgt6er Jim Snell
Cave Creek, Arizona, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Bubbles"
In reply to # 1493423 by trtyme My situation is exactly as skootch describes, same springs from bpnw and same height and positive camber issue. Going to exchange for bpnw's lower springs this morning.

I originally installed BPNW stock springs....didn't like how high they sat. Talked to Leighton and exchanged for the lowering springs. I had a bit too much negative camber and ended up having some Goodparts aluminum spacers made (Richard will do any size you need...didn't charge extra). Like the springs. If I had to do over again I would have spent the money for the adjustable trailing arm brackets, but didn't have the extra cash at the time.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster