TRExp

Announcements Archive

What features do YOU want to see on The Triumph Experience?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

challenger david thomas
Abingdon, Oxon, UK   GBR
Here's a suggestion.

Suppose a member starts a topic,
and its starts to get out of hand,
people get a bit hot and bothered,
and insults start flying.

Could you make a button for the member who STARTED (originated) that topic to LOCK it when he or she feels that enough is enough.

This might help stop cool down and reset!

What do you think?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
I think the existing REPORT button is sufficient to alert me when topics are getting out of hand.
I'd prefer if topics weren't getting locked willy nilly.

Thanks,
Skye

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
byakk0 Avatar
byakk0 Hazen Wardle
Boise, Idaho, USA   USA
In addition to the 'thanks' button, maybe a like, or something to that effect too, with a counter- facebook style, I guess.

Improving the forum search, but bolding search results the user has not yet read, or maybe add a 'new post' icon. AS it is shows only the date the last time someone posted, whether it was the OP or not.
Also, what about doing a forum search with the users real name also, as opposed to just the forum handle? Sometimes we know who posted, just can't remember their username.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~Hazen.

hearditallbefore Avatar
Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK   GBR
Do we have an 'ignore' feature on this site?

Swatting the yellow jackets away from the Triumph apple of truth…

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
stubaxle George Aldwich
boston, lincolnshire, UK   GBR
CRAZY IVAN!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-24 06:36 AM by stubaxle.

The Liz Michael Brasfield
mesa, AZ, USA   USA
1965 AC Cobra "HISSY"
1974 Triumph TR6
I am always looking for parts. Why not list "for sale or trade" by type of car. I have a '74 TR-6 so I would look under the heading "TR6 & TR250 parts for sale".

DannyL Avatar
DannyL Danny Lyon
Burlington, North Carolina, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB
1980 Triumph 1500 "Speedy"
It would be nice to be able to see what type of cars the person has on their profile on the mobile site.

yellow tr3 Avatar
yellow tr3 Frank Fisher
temecula, california, USA   USA
1958 Triumph TR3A "Mustard"
1974 MG Midget
as my friend on another site said

id like to see more puppies and kittens

:-)

avdodger Avatar
avdodger Art VH
Germantown, Ohio, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Green Hornet"
how about a way to take the "find my posts" function and use it to auto-create entries on a person's "journal" page.

Art

tinks-dad Avatar
tinks-dad Silver Member Bob C
Newburgh, NY, USA   USA
How about the ability to send attachments in PMs?

Stroker Avatar
Stroker Aaron R
Champaign, Illinois, USA   USA
Multi-quote option and automatic image resizing for images that are hosted on another site.

James5892 Avatar
James5892 Bruce Stribbell
Lake Orion, Michigan, USA   USA
Agree with Show events on the Map page,Businesses need to be a specific page. Suggest not mixing business with love of our cars. I live in Michigan, Car crazy heaven, every block has a guy with machine or welding tools in his garage. So mechanical work here is never an issue. ANd the key British repair shops are well established. Id like to find that guy who rebuilds distributors for the roadster factory and other, help us find the core sources so we dont just keep going to these outlet retails who move parts through 5 hands before i get it.

For me more car show locations and clubs would help.

I struggled last year for hours on the internet to find shows. If not dedicated to our Spitfires then the national clubs, I still don't know where they are. I am getting more input from over seas than locally.

This is very important to me to see other vehicles and specifically the colors. I would like to add more than just color to my car. Thinking black chrome for the lamp surrounds, rear tail lamp options and so on. including seats and interiors.

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
In reply to # 867159 by scigarzz I already have the email notification turned on for some of the threads but I don't want ALL the treads in my email.
It would be so handy to scroll down the page and see the ones that u marked.
Especially in the buy, sell & trade forum
Thanks
Steve

Kind of like "starring" a topic? That's a good idea, I'll see what I can do.

Skye

Member Services:
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
In reply to # 891818 by byakk0 Improving the forum search, but bolding search results the user has not yet read, or maybe add a 'new post' icon. AS it is shows only the date the last time someone posted, whether it was the OP or not.
Also, what about doing a forum search with the users real name also, as opposed to just the forum handle? Sometimes we know who posted, just can't remember their username.

I'm working on improved search & searching by real name right now, just waiting for Google to re-index the website then I'll make an announcement about that...

Thanks
Skye

Member Services:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster