TRExp

Announcements Archive

What features do YOU want to see on The Triumph Experience?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

scigarzz Avatar
scigarzz steve c
cape coral, fl, USA   USA
I already have the email notification turned on for some of the threads but I don't want ALL the treads in my email.
It would be so handy to scroll down the page and see the ones that u marked.
Especially in the buy, sell & trade forum
Thanks
Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
avdodger Avatar
avdodger Art VH
Germantown, Ohio, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Green Hornet"
Is there a way to see all posts by a certain member? One of the members periodically posts pics of his GT6 resto work, but they're not included on his personal page and/or journal. It would be nice to be able to find all of his posts in one place to see the total effort.

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
In reply to # 867572 by avdodger Is there a way to see all posts by a certain member? One of the members periodically posts pics of his GT6 resto work, but they're not included on his personal page and/or journal. It would be nice to be able to find all of his posts in one place to see the total effort.

Sure is! Just click "Advanced" under the search button at the top of the page, or "Forum Search" in the TRExp Menu to the left:

http://www.triumphexperience.com/phorum/search.php

Enter their Member ID in the Search Authors field, show results as messages, Last X days however you want.

- Skye

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
ColPClark Avatar
ColPClark Colin Clark
Hutchinson, Minnesota, USA   USA
Great website, lots of good info here.

Hope people like my video updates.

It woud be great if I couod just paste the share link from youtube into the video url box. As it is now, I have to edit it which is prone to error, etc. This would save me time.

Again, great resource - information here has helped me greatly.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
In reply to # 871378 by ColPClark It woud be great if I couod just paste the share link from youtube into the video url box. As it is now, I have to edit it which is prone to error, etc. This would save me time.

Oh that's right, it doesn't recognize the "youtu.be" form does it... I'll definitely add that to the list!

Thanks,
Skye

Member Services:
ColPClark Avatar
ColPClark Colin Clark
Thank you.

Melbran Avatar
Melbran Theo & Brandon Rijs
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa   ZAF
1957 MG MGA 1500 "Little Red"
1964 Triumph Spitfire 4 (MkI) "Kermit"
Could you add more cars to the forum list. Only the sports cars and none of the saloons are listed.
There are sometimes posts in the Spiftire & Gt6 forum, but the Herald and Vitesse could get there own.
Also forums for the 2000/2500/2.5PI Saloons, the Dolimite Sprint and the Stag.
All these cars are in the registry and many owners have registered them and are on the forum, but there aren't any forums for them.

Also who manages the registry? Do you do it or is it up to the owners to register their cars corretly?
There seem to be quite a number of incorrectly registered cars, for example listed as 1300's there are spitfires, gt6s and tr6s and a tr7.

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
In reply to # 872409 by Melbran Could you add more cars to the forum list. Only the sports cars and none of the saloons are listed.
There are sometimes posts in the Spiftire & Gt6 forum, but the Herald and Vitesse could get there own.
Also forums for the 2000/2500/2.5PI Saloons, the Dolimite Sprint and the Stag.
All these cars are in the registry and many owners have registered them and are on the forum, but there aren't any forums for them.

Also who manages the registry? Do you do it or is it up to the owners to register their cars corretly?
There seem to be quite a number of incorrectly registered cars, for example listed as 1300's there are spitfires, gt6s and tr6s and a tr7.

Currently those models are lumped together in the Odds & Ends Forum:

"Technical discussions for the Triumph Herald, Vitesse, Stag, Dolomite, Peerless GT, kit cars, or anything else that doesn't fit in one to the other forums! "

Do you think there is enough interest in adding more Forums for those models? I don't want to add a forum for every model, what structure do you all suggest? Please suggest a list of new forums.

In response to the second question, it is up to the owners to register their cars correctly. However, if anyone wants to compile a list of registry entries with incorrect model, you can email a list of links to me at webmaster@triumphexperience.com and I will correct them.

Thanks
Skye

Member Services:
Melbran Avatar
Skye

I think there should be enough interest for the Herald & Vitesse, 2000/2500/2.5PI and Stag. There are definately a number of these cars registered, even though they are not as popular as the Spitfire & GT6 or other TR sports cars. Giving the owners their own forum may encourage them to discuss their cars. You could always find out if there would be enough interest from a simple poll in the pub.

With regards to the registry the main problem is cars incorrectly registered as 1300's http://www.triumphexperience.com/registry/browse.php?make=&model=1300&sort=model_year&sortdir=asc, 1500's http://www.triumphexperience.com/registry/browse.php?make=&model=1500&sort=model_year&sortdir=asc, 1500 TC's http://www.triumphexperience.com/registry/browse.php?make=&model=1500+TC&sort=model_year&sortdir=asc, and the large numbers of Spitfires registered only as Spitfires and not by the correct model of Spitfire.

Thanks

Brandon

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
In reply to # 873232 by Melbran I think there should be enough interest for the Herald & Vitesse, 2000/2500/2.5PI and Stag. There are definately a number of these cars registered, even though they are not as popular as the Spitfire & GT6 or other TR sports cars. Giving the owners their own forum may encourage them to discuss their cars. You could always find out if there would be enough interest from a simple poll in the pub.

Done! Thanks for the suggestion, hope they are useful.

Skye

Member Services:
Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
Nice to see the new Forums, especially for Herald and Vitesse; thanks! thumbs up smiley

Is there a way to indicate, in the list in the Left Side Box, which Forums have unread or new messages? It might be helpful for those of us who don't always have lots of time to spend here but do monitor several Forums when we can and/or who have a bookmark that takes them directly to a given Forum. I know that clicking on the word "Forums" will do much the same thing, but an "at a glance" feature might be handy for some as well.

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
+1 to Andy's suggestion about showing that there are unread items in the left side box!
Dave

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

KDLS Avatar
KDLS Dominick Esposito
Exton, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
Been wanting to see my articles posted since January but nada! And I submitted them twice! And I am a paid member!!!

What's up with that? Anybody out there? There was when I paid my membership.

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
In reply to # 873871 by grubscrew +1 to Andy's suggestion about showing that there are unread items in the left side box!
Dave

Click the Forums link in the left hand sidebar, or the Forums link in the black box at the top of the page.

Unread Forums will have an unread count in red in the Forum list.

Skye

Member Services:
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
In reply to # 873922 by KDLS Been wanting to see my articles posted since January but nada! And I submitted them twice! And I am a paid member!!!
What's up with that? Anybody out there? There was when I paid my membership.

Sorry for the delay. There is a very large queue of articles and every one needs to be proofread, formatted, edited, and published, several hundred hours of work or more. It's just me here, supporting 40,000 registered members across 20 web sites, keeping the servers running smoothly, resolving disputes, fixing bugs, adding features, plus tax season is coming, there are a lot of demands on my time.

On top of that, I've been called to serve jury duty 4 days a week for the next 5 months. I will get to the articles as soon as humanly possible. Your membership payment help inch towards a time when I can hire someone to take some of the load off of me. I'm sure you can appreciate it takes an awful lot of $2/month memberships to pay an employee salary. I hardly get any sleep these days. At least I have someone now to handle proofreading, editing & publishing the Calendar events, so that queue is under control, articles are next.

Not picking on you, just trying to give a sense of what goes on behind the scenes here.
The highest priority items for the next month or so are:

- Featured Vehicle/Car of the Week system
- Recent Topics/Recently viewed drop-down menu to the left, fast access to your recent posts & followed topics
- Catch up on article submissions queue
- Basic car maintenance log system
- MG-2013 planning, design new member brochure, design & print booth/banner stuff
- Create some sort of presentation about the websites for Vancouver club meeting in May
- Provision new backup server on west cost, sign new colocation contract
- Review database backup system, fix backup mirroring, copy backup offsite

That's just the top priority stuff. My todo list is about 8 pages long smiling smiley

Skye

Member Services:
KDLS Avatar
KDLS Dominick Esposito
Skye,
Not sure if you will get this to review, but I sure hope you do...

Thank you for writting. I apologize for expressing my frustration as I did, I should have known better. Thank you for doing what you do for all of us and please let me know if you need some help. I will support you and the site anyway I can, no charge of course.

Many thanks a hundred times more! Be well and take it easy, no worries!

Regards, Dominick

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
No problem at all, I would be frustrated too, some of the articles in the submission queue are over a year old! It's not acceptable to me either and I've been trying to get on top of it for ages with apparently little success so far. That said, even if I'm already slammed, I like to keep the "suggestion box" open because it helps me prioritize things already on the todo list, and sometimes someone will suggest something that never occurred to me, and is easy to do and makes a big difference to everyone. I know the website is so polished, professional, and well run that sometimes people forget it's not a company behind it, just one nutter grinning smiley

Thanks,
Skye

Member Services:
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
You're a one nutter, I know a couple of guys like that! LOL. No matter how hard you work, it is always important to get some rest.

'S all for now
Vic

ColPClark Avatar
ColPClark Colin Clark
Why not enlist the assistance of other members to help out? For example, I have moderated several groups in Linkedin for Linkedin. Also, wikipedia operates this way and have even automated the workflow.

Trying to do all of this yourself is a losing battle, only sets yourself up for frustration and failure, and will ultimatey impact your paid subscription base.

Ask for some help - I bet you'll get some.

KDLS Avatar
KDLS Dominick Esposito
I agree with you Colin Clark, I offer up any help you need Skye and if I can deliver I will. Again, please let me know how I can help. Thank you . (Colin, Clark is my wifee maiden name, interesting).

Melbran Avatar
Hi Skye

Thanks for adding the new forums so quickly. It looks like they have been well recieved and members have started posting.
The Herald and Vitesse grouping makes perfect sense as the Vitesse is essentially a 6 cylinder version of the Herald, similar to the Spitfire & GT6. I am not sure about grouping all the 2000/2500/2.5PI Saloons together with the Stag. The Saloons are 6 cylinder engined sedans and the Stag a V8 4 seater convertible, with a unique Triumph V8.

Another suggestion, would it make sense to move the Spitfire & GT6 to above the TR6 & TR250 on the menu, so that all the cars are grouped together. Also the Herald & Vitesse below the Spifire & GT6 so that they are 'grouped' as the Spitfire & GT6 are based on the Herald.

These are just my personal opinions and suggestions.

Thanks for the awesome forum. Please keep up the great work you are doing.

Brandon

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
In reply to # 874113 by ColPClark Why not enlist the assistance of other members to help out? For example, I have moderated several groups in Linkedin for Linkedin. Also, wikipedia operates this way and have even automated the workflow.

Ah, but I already do rely on members for many things - to add calendar events, to submit library articles, to report spam and other rule infractions, to manage their own registry entries - all things that save me a massive amount of time. I'm afraid the work that is left is rather technical and require quite a lot of supervision to be done to my satisfaction. Thank you, though! I'm always looking for new ways to have members help out and curate their own stuff. I guess I should add a "Report" button to vehicles in the registry so people can notify me to fix model names too winking smiley

Quote: The Herald and Vitesse grouping makes perfect sense as the Vitesse is essentially a 6 cylinder version of the Herald, similar to the Spitfire & GT6. I am not sure about grouping all the 2000/2500/2.5PI Saloons together with the Stag. The Saloons are 6 cylinder engined sedans and the Stag a V8 4 seater convertible, with a unique Triumph V8.

I guess the reason I lumped in the Stag with the others is because I read this on Wikipedia:

"The car started as a styling experiment cut and shaped from a 1963–4 Triumph 2000 pre-production saloon, which had also been styled by Michelotti" and "Triumph liked the Michelotti design so much that they propagated the styling lines of the Stag into the new T2000/T2500 saloon"

Skye

Member Services:
ColPClark Avatar
ColPClark Colin Clark
Still cant post youtube video links?

Melbran Avatar
A 'Mark All Forums Read' button on the all forums page could be usefull.

Edit: Did not notice that each forum has a 'Start New Topic' and 'Mark All Read' on the forum list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 03:10 AM by Melbran.

Deleted
smith02john John Smith
indore, Disabled Account, Antarctica   ATA
Post has been removed by the administrator due to violation of the Terms of Service.

Deleted
jhon2586 kamal aheliya
bhopal, Disabled Account, Antarctica   ATA
Post has been removed by the administrator due to violation of the Terms of Service.

Catfish Phil Avatar
Catfish Phil Phillip Colwart
Hammond, LA, USA   USA
A "Thank You" button would be great... there is a Thank You button now, yes but I would like to see the number of Thank You's that the post receives, and that the member receives in total.

That is, to the left under a member's avatar, location and number of posts, please add the number of thank-you's that member receives.

This quantity of thank-you's indicates a number of things, including the quality of help/responses/information, etc. contributed to the community by that particular member.

And under a particular post, the members "thanking" that individual post are listed. It shows how pertinent or helpful that exact post is to the community.

I do click on existing Thank You button on TREx now, but to the forum user, it doesn't do anything. Having a Thank You button allows the community to reward the contributor by giving him/her positive recognition.

See the attached photo.

Thank you!

Phillip Colwart
Hammond, LA

Attachments:
Thank You button.jpg    31.3 KB
Thank You button.jpg

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Hi Phillip, great suggestions, I do plan on indicating which members have received lots of "useful" votes, although I think I'll keep the results anonymous rather than showing who has clicked Yes. I added the buttons fairly recently and I've been waiting until I build up a decent sized data set to make some decisions about # of votes, useful to post ratios, how to weigh "not useful" votes against a member's score, etc.

Skye

Member Services:
Catfish Phil Avatar
Catfish Phil Phillip Colwart
Hammond, LA, USA   USA
Thanks for considering it, Skye. Seeing who thanked you is useful in knowing who your friends are, and which respected members agree with your post. It's a win-win. But never have a "dislike" button!

Melbran Avatar
Hi Skye

I just updated the registry info on our Spitfire. This got me thinking.

It would be nice to have some more options for Current Status. Here are some suggestions for the list.

Original, Unrestored
Running
Needs Work
Undergoing Restoration
Restored
Parts Car
Accident Damaged, Wrecked, Destroyed

More suggestions needed from members, on what should be on the list.

Thanks for all the tech support and keeping the site free from spammers and hackers.

Brandon

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Triumph Herald 1200

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links