AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Hello everyone, now that there is sufficient data collected via the "usefulness" voting below posts, I have brought back the Top Contributor badge. I've been meaning to attempt this again for quite a while, to provide some recognition beyond post count for all the awesome people on this forum that give their time helping other people and sharing their incredible depth of knowledge. It's really quite incredible.

The status is conferred by computing the number of posts you've made that have been voted useful (or thanked) by other members MINUS the number of posts you've had marked not useful. So if you post snarky or inflammatory content, your score isn't going to be very good. Your score can go up or down, it's recalculated nightly.

The scores themselves are hidden, but you will see a Top Contributor status on your home page/profile and next to your forum posts. The first level is a silver star, then gold star, and then multiple gold stars for the real posting superstars on the forum. Note that the badge is good across all the AutoShrine.com websites, so if you see someone on TriumphExp with a badge but few posts, they probably got it by posting a lot of helpful replies on another site like MGExp.

Hopefully this goes better than last time grinning smiley I think with a transparent algorithm and merit-based voting by other members, it should product the correct results. The badge stars are hollow so they don't get confused with the membership stars.

If you think someone is helpful and deserves the badge, but doesn't have one yet, click Yes or Thank under "Was this post helpful or interesting?" below their posts and they will be soon! (but please don't try to stuff the ballots.... I will be monitoring the voting logs for abuse)

If you have any suggestions or concerns about the new system, please let me know!

Thanks,
Skye

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
Hmmm, maybe the failure is my fault, along with others, as I never have clicked on any of those options as I had no idea what good it did to do so. Perhaps I should start.
Dan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Well Dan, looks like you're a Gold Contributor so you must be doing something right grinning smiley

I think the % of users that click the Helpful Yes/No buttons are probably statistically significant enough to flag the most helpful posters in the community, at least that's my hope.

Skye

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada   CAN
1973 Triumph TR6 "Little Red"
Hum; first time I noticed those --- guess I should pay closer attention . . .

As my Dad used to say; "It has been a good day --- I've learned something new . . ."

Spit driver Avatar
Spit driver David C
Concord vicinity, NH, USA   USA
Alas I was like Dan, not knowing the importance of the helpful button. I will say I really appreciate all the help I have received from the members. Thanks for making this site available.

David

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster