TRExp

6Pack TR6 List Archive

TR6 fuel pump recommendations?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mailbot Avatar
mailbot Mail List Archive Bot
The Interwebs, USA   USA
This read-only message was archived from a public mail list.
Mail From: Jim Jones <(email redacted)>

I bought two pumps (with the lever) from Moss and both failed. If you have an
original AC pump I would replace the diaphragm and be done with it. The input
and output valve are extremely hard to replace without buggering the seats
where they fit in the pump.

My solution ended up be an eletric pump from Moss. Works great.

Jim

--- On Mon, 8/9/10, Joe Merone <(email redacted)> wrote:


From: Joe Merone <(email redacted)>
Subject: [6pack] TR6 fuel pump recommendations?
To: (email redacted), "Triumph List" <(email redacted)>
Date: Monday, August 9, 2010, 10:51 AM


Greetings.

A few years ago I replaced my original AC fuel pump - as a precautionary
measure - with an aftermarket one. It was 30+ years old - and bound to die
soon right?

Only after that did I hear that the quality of these pumps (the ones without
the primer levers) were suspect, so I decided to carry around the old pump in
the boot. Good thing, as the "new" one died Friday night on the way to the
Hemmings Sports and Exotic Show in Saratoga. After 90 minutes on the side of
the road in the dark - we were off again with the old one installed and
pumping along doing its job. One lesson however - make sure you have at
least
one small 1/2" wrench in your tool bag. I think you can take a complete TR6
apart with one.

The rest of the weekend went fine with great weather and a decent car show on
Saturday followed by a trip to the Saratoga Race Track on Sunday. There was
no winning at either event however.

Now - I obviously need to order another pump. Both TRF and Moss are selling
aftermarket units, albeit at widely different prices - TRF ($99), Moss ($50).
They both look similar, and the design includes the primer. Does anyone have
anything good or bad to say about either?

Thanks,

Joe Merone
South Burlington, VT
CF18928
5-speed
_______________________________________________

(email redacted)
Donate: team.net/donate.html
Archive: team.net/archive
Forums: team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/(email redacted)
_______________________________________________

(email redacted)
Donate: team.net/donate.html
Archive: team.net/archive
Forums: team.net/forums


. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mailbot Avatar
mailbot Mail List Archive Bot
The Interwebs, USA   USA
This read-only message was archived from a public mail list.
Mail From: "Robert M. Lang" <(email redacted)>

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Joe Merone wrote:

> Greetings.

[stuff deleted]

> pumping along doing its job. One lesson however - make sure you have at least
> one small 1/2" wrench in your tool bag. I think you can take a complete TR6
> apart with one.

You need a 9/16" wrench too.

:-)

rml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang Triumph TR6!! | This space for rent
2010 NER Solo Chair |
Voice:617-253-7438 | Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________

(email redacted)
Donate: team.net/donate.html
Archive: team.net/archive
Forums: team.net/forums


mailbot Avatar
mailbot Mail List Archive Bot
The Interwebs, USA   USA
This read-only message was archived from a public mail list.
Mail From: "Craig" <(email redacted)>

Didn't forget the 5/8th

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: (email redacted) [mailto:(email redacted)] On
Behalf Of Robert M. Lang
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 1:05 PM
To: Joe Merone
Cc: Triumph List; (email redacted)
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 fuel pump recommendations?

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Joe Merone wrote:

> Greetings.

[stuff deleted]

> pumping along doing its job. One lesson however - make sure you have at
least
> one small 1/2" wrench in your tool bag. I think you can take a complete
TR6
> apart with one.

You need a 9/16" wrench too.

:-)

rml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang Triumph TR6!! | This space for rent
2010 NER Solo Chair |
Voice:617-253-7438 | Cell: 339-927-4489
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________

(email redacted)
Donate: team.net/donate.html
Archive: team.net/archive
Forums: team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/(email redacted)
_______________________________________________

(email redacted)
Donate: team.net/donate.html
Archive: team.net/archive
Forums: team.net/forums


. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mailbot Avatar
mailbot Mail List Archive Bot
The Interwebs, USA   USA
This read-only message was archived from a public mail list.
Mail From: Bob <(email redacted)>

Hi Joe,
Previous owner installed the "Made in Italy" lever pump that I believe is
the one TRF sells.
I don't have the install date however the pump has been fine for 3 years of
my driving.
Regards,
Bob.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Merone" <(email redacted)>
To: <(email redacted)>; "Triumph List" <(email redacted)>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 8:51 AM
Subject: [6pack] TR6 fuel pump recommendations?


> Greetings.
>
> A few years ago I replaced my original AC fuel pump - as a precautionary
> measure - with an aftermarket one. It was 30+ years old - and bound to
die
> soon right?
>
> Only after that did I hear that the quality of these pumps (the ones
without
> the primer levers) were suspect, so I decided to carry around the old pump
in
> the boot. Good thing, as the "new" one died Friday night on the way to
the
> Hemmings Sports and Exotic Show in Saratoga. After 90 minutes on the side
of
> the road in the dark - we were off again with the old one installed and
> pumping along doing its job. One lesson however - make sure you have at
least
> one small 1/2" wrench in your tool bag. I think you can take a complete
TR6
> apart with one.
>
> The rest of the weekend went fine with great weather and a decent car show
on
> Saturday followed by a trip to the Saratoga Race Track on Sunday. There
was
> no winning at either event however.
>
> Now - I obviously need to order another pump. Both TRF and Moss are
selling
> aftermarket units, albeit at widely different prices - TRF ($99), Moss
($50).
> They both look similar, and the design includes the primer. Does anyone
have
> anything good or bad to say about either?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Merone
> South Burlington, VT
> CF18928
> 5-speed
> _______________________________________________
>
> (email redacted)
> Donate: team.net/donate.html
> Archive: team.net/archive
> Forums: team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/(email redacted)
>
>
>
>
>
> E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (6.1.0.447)
> Database version: 6.14880
> pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor-antivirus/





E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (6.1.0.447)
Database version: 6.14880
pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor-antivirus/
_______________________________________________

(email redacted)
Donate: team.net/donate.html
Archive: team.net/archive
Forums: team.net/forums


mailbot Avatar
mailbot Mail List Archive Bot
The Interwebs, USA   USA
This read-only message was archived from a public mail list.
Mail From: "Vance Navarrette" <(email redacted)>

Joe:

I rebuilt my original using the $16 rebuild kit. I drifted in
the replacement valves although they really should be pressed in. Pretty
straight forward, and it worked on the first try. I secured the cover
with a stainless bolt, as the original had rusted badly.

No issues with mine in three years. With my luck however...
Well, you may read about a Triumph bursting into flames, consuming the
car and the owner. The owner will be heard to shout as he shrivels in
the terrible heat "I would rather burn in my Triumph than be caught in
an MG".

Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: (email redacted) [mailto:(email redacted)]
On Behalf Of Joe Merone
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 8:51 AM
To: (email redacted); Triumph List
Subject: [6pack] TR6 fuel pump recommendations?


Greetings.

A few years ago I replaced my original AC fuel pump - as a precautionary
measure - with an aftermarket one. It was 30+ years old - and bound to
die
soon right?

<snip>

Now - I obviously need to order another pump. Both TRF and Moss are
selling
aftermarket units, albeit at widely different prices - TRF ($99), Moss
($50).
They both look similar, and the design includes the primer. Does anyone
have
anything good or bad to say about either?

Thanks,

Joe Merone
_______________________________________________

(email redacted)
Donate: team.net/donate.html
Archive: team.net/archive
Forums: team.net/forums


. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.


Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster