AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Hi everyone, I've added a new feature I think you'll like.

In the forum topic list, you'll now see an icon (if you're signed in) that tells you if you have bookmarked that topic.

= Not bookmarked, click to bookmark the topic
= Bookmarked, but you don't get email on new replies posted
= Bookmarked, you will get an email for each new reply posted

You can also hover your mouse over the icon and it will tell you the info above.

I haven't added this to the mobile interface yet (smartphones), so for now it's just for desktop and tablet.

You can view your Bookmarked Topics by clicking "Bookmarks" at the top of any forum page,
or by going My Account -> Forum Bookmarks from the black navigation bar along the top of any page.

Let me know if you have any problems with it!

Skye

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
Lost flag color for replied to.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Yes, I'd like to turn off that module for performance reasons.

Please check your "Default settings for new bookmarks" value on the Forum Settings page:

http://www.triumphexp.com/phorum/control.php?panel=forum

If it's set to None, set it to "Bookmark topic" which will add a topic to your bookmarks list when you reply to a topic going forward, or you can set it to "Bookmark Topic and email me on new replies" if you wish to receive email notifications.

Skye

In reply to # 1499663 by Doug in Vegas Lost flag color for replied to.

Member Services:
poulsbobill Bill K
Poulsbo, Washington, USA   USA
I liked it better when you knew you had been to a subject (forum) w/pout having to bookmark it. With that said and now it is changed how do i not have to get an email everytime i book mark a subject? i have to uncheck the box each time after i bookmark it?

I see that their is a setting under settings for that not to happen but i change it each time and i still have it come up whether i want ti emailed or not when i bookmark it.

More work imo.

Not necessary imo

Thanks

great forum otherwise

Bill

1980 Spitfire

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
I've fixed the "Bookmark this topic?" page so it now remembers your email preference you selected in Forum Settings

Thanks for letting me know about the bug

Skye

In reply to # 1500998 by poulsbobill With that said and now it is changed how do i not have to get an email everytime i book mark a subject? i have to uncheck the box each time after i bookmark it?

I see that their is a setting under settings for that not to happen but i change it each time and i still have it come up whether i want ti emailed or not when i bookmark it.

Member Services:
poulsbobill Bill K
Thank you.
It still would be nice if their was someway to know i had visited a site w/o having to bookmark it. Used to be the icon was different and you would click on it and it would bring you to your last spot.

Just convenience (my lazy i guess).

Bill

1980 Spitfire

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
The red flag icon indicating unread posts in a topic is still there, I didn't change anything to do with that.

Click on the red flag to jump to the first unread post, or click on "Latest post" on the far right to jump to the very last post in the topic.

If you've read all posts in a topic, it has a chat bubble icon instead of a red flag, and is not bold.

Hovering your mouse over most icons in the topic list should pop up a message telling you what it does or means.

Skye

In reply to # 1501486 by poulsbobill Thank you.
It still would be nice if their was someway to know i had visited a site w/o having to bookmark it. Used to be the icon was different and you would click on it and it would bring you to your last spot.

Just convenience (my lazy i guess).

Bill

Member Services:
poulsbobill Bill K
Actually there is a difference in the flag now. In the past the red flag was different when you had "visited" a topic and there are now unread posts. The bubble is the same if there are no new unread posts. Ie bookmarking in my mind w/o doing anything.

This what i recall. I Maybe wrong

Bill

1980 Spitfire

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 Triumph TR4A

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links