Very similar thread underway over HERE

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME, USA   USA
If you're looking for a rebuilder you might want to speak with Mike Crawford, British MotorWorks in the Boston area [617-320-2647] , Erick Van Sickle of Leyland British in Kennebunkport, ME or Tim Hutchisen of Penn Ridge Motors, Norway, ME. All have good reputations for quality work.

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'66 Land Rover Series II-A 88" SW
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
'80 Triumph Spitfire 1500
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

Rob-Mich Rob Mouat
Brighton, Michigan, USA   USA
I wish I had rebuilt it myself. Instead I went to that fellow in Connecticut everyone touts- John Esposito- Quantum Mechanics. He sent me an OD gearbox as ordered, I think it cost about $3200 delivered. That is when the relationship broke down. He refused to answer any questions about the wiring for the OD and wouldn't take phone calls. When I finally figured it out I was surprised that he didn't just take a moment to give me a little diagram. Perhaps it was because part of the wiring loom he sent was for a TR6 and the pigtail part we never figured out, mage our own.

When the car was finished I sent it to my son in California who with the mileage I put on has not yet exceeded 300 miles total. The thing leaks a cup of transmission oil on his nice clean garage floor each month. Not the best purchase I have ever made. Anyone think some oatmeal would help, I'm not a fan of Quantum or Esposito?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster