Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Kem Avatar
Kem Kem Jones
mission, Texas, USA   USA
Has anyone been dealing with this company in the last while ? (Quantum Mechanics Oxford Ct. )Has he gone out of business ?
I a restoring a 1966 Triumph Herald I live in Ontario but spend the winters in Texas . I am working on the car in Texas during the winter . In Dec 2012 I ordered a 5 speed transmission and 3.89 rear end to be shipped to Texas during the winter > the rear end arriverd but the trans was not finiished before i returned home . I agreed to have the trans shipped when I returned to Texas in Jan 2014 . I contacted John upon my return and he shipped the trans cover and the driveshaft but no trans . He explained that there was to bad a storm to ship it .That was 6 weeks ago . Since then all I get is an answering machine and he has not returned any of my calls . All the parts are paid for in full . I would like to find out what is going on . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks Kem

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tinks-dad Avatar
tinks-dad Silver Member Bob C
Newburgh, NY, USA   USA
He's probably trying to find his shop under all this snow! Really. I know several areas of Ct have lost power in the last couple weeks with all the storms.

ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
The Northeast has been getting one storm after another this year; I am in NJ, and it has been Hell... I think Connecticut has gotten hit even harder... So it is very likely this has caused a major delay... The Philadelphia area, before the last storm, was the 5th greatest amount of snowfall on record- and we have had one major, and one minor storm since then... I am sick to death of snow- there is better than two feet of it in my yard!

Scott

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
hymodyne Avatar
hymodyne james king
salisbury, MD, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Baby Blue"
John Esposito is still around. I spoke to him a few months ago, Good guy to work with, he gets me parts for the type 9 gearbox.

James

tombeckstedt1 Avatar
tombeckstedt1 tom beckstedt
FortWayne, Indiana, USA   USA
I just bought a set of h4 su carbs and intake from him in December had no problem.

Kem Avatar
Kem Kem Jones
Hi Ilike working with John . His information has always been good . I have had contact with him until the middle of Jan 2014 . I would just like to find out what's happening with him . Kem

OFRacer Avatar
OFRacer Mike H
Poughkeepsie, NY, USA   USA
I was at his shop last month picking up a tranny for the GT6. Last year he moved the shop from a barn that was located next to his house to a commercial park after he sold the house. He used to work lots of hours with the business in his back yard, now he has a pair of full time helpers but maintains more regular hours at the new shop. When I was there, he was backed up with work, mostly waiting for parts orders to arrive and the machine shop who does his mods to do their stuff. He had a ton of partial projects lined up waiting for one thing or another. My tranny rebuild took 3 months, much longer than his normal turn around time.

We've been hit hard with snow and ice storms, one after another the past few weeks and his shop is in a very rural area. Power outages have been common and repairs very slow,. If you can't get through on the phone, the website has a working email account.

mike h

laverda1200 Paul LeClair
Calgary, Alberta, Canada   CAN
After recommendations received through this forum, I tried for months last year to reach the fellow at Quantum Mechanics on the phone to try and arrange to send him a D type overdrive to be rebuilt. I never ever got the courtesy of a call back. Then I figured if he wouldn't call me back when I was trying to book work in and pay him money, it might be an even more frustrating experience once he had my parts and/or money, and I gave up on him.

Sorry to hear of your issues getting your hands on the transmission you paid for in full some time ago, but makes me glad I followed my gut. Lots of really talented folks out there that are really crappy business people and horrible to deal with, sounds like a possibility this may be one of them..... no matter how talented a mechanic he is said to be. Really, so what if the weather local to him sucks, how in the world is that an excuse for ducking your phone calls/messages for the last six weeks? All that means to me is more time being spent indoors during which phone calls SHOULD be returned, especially when he has your money.

vagt6 Avatar
vagt6 Mark K. Brown
Charlottesville, VA, USA   USA
In reply to # 941034 by laverda1200 After recommendations received through this forum, I tried for months last year to reach the fellow at Quantum Mechanics on the phone to try and arrange to send him a D type overdrive to be rebuilt. I never ever got the courtesy of a call back. Then I figured if he wouldn't call me back when I was trying to book work in and pay him money, it might be an even more frustrating experience once he had my parts and/or money, and I gave up on him.

Sorry to hear of your issues getting your hands on the transmission you paid for in full some time ago, but makes me glad I followed my gut. Lots of really talented folks out there that are really crappy business people and horrible to deal with, sounds like a possibility this may be one of them..... no matter how talented a mechanic he is said to be. Really, so what if the weather local to him sucks, how in the world is that an excuse for ducking your phone calls/messages for the last six weeks? All that means to me is more time being spent indoors during which phone calls SHOULD be returned, especially when he has your money.

Paul perhaps you're jumping to conclusions here. And, since you haven't done business with Esposito, perhaps you shouldn't slam him, for the entire planet to see, on the World Wide Web!

I've had totally good experience with Quantumechanics, purchased a J-type OD from him and a couple of solenoids and other parts. Yes, he is a bit slow to return calls, but he's an honest, hard-working businessman who stands behind his work and his products. He's also a pretty nice guy, too.

I hate to see this kind of internet bashing from folk who hide behind their computer screen and cast bad karma around on subjects with which they have no experience or direct involvement. Such drivel could hurt a vendor like John Esposito, and he does not deserve it.

Think before you post unsubstantiated, hateful opinions. Words can hurt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-28 08:08 AM by vagt6.

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
It doesn't sound like Paul's opinions are unsubstantiated. He does have first hand experience with trying to work with them.
Now if someone were posting something like "I heard from a friend who knows a guy who says XYZ Business is terrible" or some such thing, well yeah, that's unsubstantiated, uncalled for, and unfair to post on the IntroWeb.
JMO (since this has become a thread of opinions!)
(And by the way, I've met and talked to John at vendor shows and he was friendly, personable, and obviously quite knowledgeable!)

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

Kem Avatar
Kem Kem Jones
Hi . I am the one that started this thread Untill the end of Jan 14 I got great serviice and satisfaction from John . As I am unable to make contact with him , I was inquiring if anyone knew what happened to him Heart attack or some other medical problem . Even if he could just update his phone status it would be helpfull . It is now too late to ship it to Texas as we will be returning back to Ontario soon. I am now planning to drive to his place and pick up the transmission . I would like to know that he and the transmission will be there before I head out . Is there anyone close enough to his place to check on his wellbeing ? I also note that there is some chatter about this on the M.G. site
Thanks for your help Kem

OFRacer Avatar
OFRacer Mike H
Poughkeepsie, NY, USA   USA
I just got off the phone with John. He's doing well but his communication to the shop has been suffering. Phone and web services and been dropping at the shop all winter.
Kem,, he shipped your tranny kit to Texas but the last batch of housings he received from England had cracked tail pieces and are out to the machine shop for repair. He was in the shop @ 3:25 EDT today (Friday) if you want to try and call him. 203-463-8299

mike h

Kem Avatar
Kem Kem Jones
Hi , As seen in the previous chat John is OK I have made contact with him and will be able to pick up my transmission in April . Has anyone had a project that didn't have problems ?Thanks again for all the help Kem

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, Washington, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
In reply to # 941404 by Kem . Has anyone had a project that didn't have problems ?

Nope, not yet. I have had projects over-extend their budget, timeframe, and quality, but problems come with the territory I guess. As long as I don't let them sit too long between working on them, it doesn't bother me. Longest time spent restoring one of my projects was 4 years.... But another car slid into place ahead of that one anyway. Kyle.

laverda1200 Paul LeClair
Calgary, Alberta, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 941329 by vagt6
In reply to # 941034 by laverda1200 After recommendations received through this forum, I tried for months last year to reach the fellow at Quantum Mechanics on the phone to try and arrange to send him a D type overdrive to be rebuilt. I never ever got the courtesy of a call back. Then I figured if he wouldn't call me back when I was trying to book work in and pay him money, it might be an even more frustrating experience once he had my parts and/or money, and I gave up on him.

Paul perhaps you're jumping to conclusions here. And, since you haven't done business with Esposito, perhaps you shouldn't slam him, for the entire planet to see, on the World Wide Web!

I've had totally good experience with Quantumechanics, purchased a J-type OD from him and a couple of solenoids and other parts. Yes, he is a bit slow to return calls, but he's an honest, hard-working businessman who stands behind his work and his products. He's also a pretty nice guy, too.

I hate to see this kind of internet bashing from folk who hide behind their computer screen and cast bad karma around on subjects with which they have no experience or direct involvement. Such drivel could hurt a vendor like John Esposito, and he does not deserve it.

Think before you post unsubstantiated, hateful opinions. Words can hurt.

Hi Mark

My full name and my location are clearly displayed in my post. No hiding behind a computer screen here. What I posted is completely factual. I tried for months, and a number of phone calls with clear messages and contact information left, and did not receive a single response. That, to me, is unacceptable, and I made the conscious choice not to then put myself in the position that the original poster in this thread finds himself. Even a single response, even to the effect that he was too busy, anything, would have been better than total lack of response.

My post was not "internet bashing", "drivel", and I certainly did have "experience and direct involvement". I had a busted D type overdrive needing rebuild, I called the business repeatedly over a period of months trying to book it in for repair, and I got absolutely zero response, none, zip. That is exactly what I reported in my post, the truth.

as for unsubstantiated hateful opinions, not based on any fact, read your own post, very carefully.

Paul LeClair
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster