AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

alanroseman Avatar
alanroseman Silver Member Alan Roseman
Rehoboth, MA, USA   USA
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Little Car.."
Hi Guys,

Last week I posted a preview of an article that I wrote for The Marque. The Triumph Experience along with members andysherry, and Skyking123 were part of the story. Skyking123 was a large part of the story actually.

Hopefully my tale will help to increase membership in British Car Clubs, The Triumph Experience and other places where British car owners can find help, support and friendship. Perhaps a few folks might be moved to consider volunteering their expertise to help support and build our hobby.

The entire story is in the latest issue of the Marque on page 14.

Here's a link to our clubs newsletter a link to the article appears here as well: BMCNE Newsletter - GAP article

Cheers, Alan

British Motorcars of New England

www.bmcne.org

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
OFRacer Avatar
OFRacer Mike H
Poughkeepsie, NY, USA   USA
Alan, I read that article and missed the Triumph Experience connection. I just thought it was a well written piece about what a great community we have for LBCs.
BTW, a reference in your article made me think of my 63 Spit race car, it had Steve Johnson rear axles, until I bent one at Lime Rock a few years ago.

mike h

alanroseman Avatar
alanroseman Silver Member Alan Roseman
Rehoboth, MA, USA   USA
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Little Car.."
In reply to # 1496530 by OFRacer Alan, I read that article and missed the Triumph Experience connection. I just thought it was a well written piece about what a great community we have for LBCs.
BTW, a reference in your article made me think of my 63 Spit race car, it had Steve Johnson rear axles, until I bent one at Lime Rock a few years ago.

mike h

Hi Mike,

The Triumph Experience provided my very first direction, and Triumph Experience member Skyking123 actually provided the transmission!

"Before the sun came up on July 17th I had been offered two transmissions via the online community, more specifically, The Triumph Experience. One was located in Oregon (thanks Andy), the other much nearer on Long Island, NY (thank you Frank). Frank informed me that his single rail tranny was operating flawlessly and had been removed for the installation of an OD unit. I had also located a transmission for sale very nearby in New Hampshire, but the condition could not be vouched for, so It was an easy decision. We cancelled our plans, made long in advance,to attend the Field of Dreams Show in Hudson, NH, and booked ferry passage to Long Island".

Cheers, Alan

Check on the photos every now and then... all free for download, in all sizes.

The British Motorcar Festival Bristol RI:

Photographs - For your computer

A BMCNE Cruise:

Portsmouth & Aquidnik Island, RI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-07 07:57 PM by alanroseman.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster