Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MonAndrew77 Avatar
MonAndrew77 Andrew M
Northern, Virginia, USA   USA
This might be a dumb question, but given that CA cars can loaded with emissions-equipment and so forth, can you tell me, would there be anything special about a California-Originated 2005 Jeep Wrangler that might make it less desirable than a car from the other 49 states? I'd be registerig it in Virginia

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Spitfirejoe Avatar
Spitfirejoe Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska, USA   USA
1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Phoenix"
Not really a dumb question at all. Going the other way would be problematic - the car would have to be certified to meet CA's requirements, which would mean expensive testing and maybe some modifications. Taking one FROM Cali would not cause any registration problems - it should be certifiable in any state. I'm not fully informed as to whether there are actually any differences on Jeep Wrangler, but it's possible the engine management computer would be "tweaked" a bit to limit the pollution creating gasses a bit. I'd be willing to bet you would not notice any difference at all.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster