AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bonnett1954 Avatar
bonnett1954 Silver Member Dave Bonnett
Las Vegas, NEVADA, USA   USA
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Union Jack"
Ordered parts from Rimmer Bros. on Friday and their already in the States.https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?tracknum=1Z9W53040476111334

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Colorado Springs, CO, USA   USA
Dave,
I ordered floor pans for my TR4A from Rimmers and had them at my door 5 days later. Amazing. Wonder why it takes some domestic sellers so longer? Also, they were almost $100.00 cheaper, and that included the shipping!
Doug

"Mr. Filby, do you think he'll ever return?"
"One cannot choose but wonder. You see . . . he has all the time in the world!"

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
I recently ordered some junk from Horrible Freight and it took 16 days to get from California to Maryland.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bonnett1954 Avatar
bonnett1954 Silver Member Dave Bonnett
Las Vegas, NEVADA, USA   USA
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Union Jack"
I hear ya Doug, It is amazing. And their prices are very fair.
16 days grub screw? Must have shipped them through the Panama Canal.

dplass Avatar
dplass Silver Member David P
Merrick, New York, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "The Beast"
2011 Ford Fusion
I heard FedEx uses Rimmer Brothers for their deliveries. Much faster than doing it themselves. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

-D

1972 GT6 MK3 "The Beast"

Tommys4 Platinum Member Thomas G
Ojai, Calif., USA   USA
We need to remember everything comes here by air. I to ordered parts from Revington TR on a Monday and it was in LA on Wednesday. And the exchange rate
is still very good for us

TTFN TMG

Born Loser Avatar
Born Loser Silver Member Matthew Taylor
Land O Lake, Florida, USA   USA
I ordered some stuff 2nd day Fedex. Tracked it to Orlando. Next , Wyoming? Then Tampa. 12 days. Thanks Fedex.

Matthew
1960 Triumph TR3a
1970 Triumph Spitfire MK 3
2012 Mini Cooper SS Convertible

DerbyRam54 Neville Wardle
Branford, Connecticut, USA   USA
The fairly consistent pattern I've had is picked up evening of day 1 and taken to East Midlands airport (Castle Donnington), arrive Philadelphia on the morning of day 2, trucked up to CT by the evening of day 2, delivery by tea time on day 3.

Shipping isn't that much more than US suppliers and is more than offset in most cases by the pricing of the products thanks to the prevailing exchange rate.

I also like that their web site clearly indicates the backorder situation before you place the order unlike some US suppliers where you play The Roulette Fiasco game.

70spit Jon B
Camas, WA, USA   USA
I ordered my wire wheels and adapters from Rimmer Bros because the price+shipping was a lot cheaper than buying anywhere else. However, they miscalculated the duties and charged me $43 less than they should have. FedEx had to cover the cost and, instead of billing me for the money they sent it directly to collections. The collection agency said it was money owed to "FedEx Corporate Services" and as I had done zero business with their corporate services arm I assumed it was a scam. When they persisted I got in touch with them and asked them to explain the debt. That's when I realized what had happened, sent them payment and have heard nothing further.

Fair warning for those who buy parts overseas. If you get a strange letter from Transworld Systems, Inc. claiming that you owe money, you just might...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links