Lambo door kit

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

gina98776 kenneth taylor
Oxford, ct, USA   USA
Has anyone ever put a Lambo door conversion kit on a TR6?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Mark Jones Avatar
Close to Sarnia, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1995 MG MGF "Barney"
1996 Land Rover Discovery
...I'm feeling ill just thinking about lambo doors... Sorry Keith but say no, just say no.

MOWOG Garage serving the needs of all Post Abingdon MG owners in Lambton Co. since 2011.

tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR
No, but I did on Silverback, sort off.

To solve the problem of securing fixed, lightweight plastic windows, I hung them from the A-post on light plastic hinges.
They opened up and out, like a semi-gullwing, while the doors opened normally.
They were retained by a length of plastic angle extrusion on the top of the door, and a clip under the roof gutter.
Quite effective!

No good pics, so here's one of the A-post with hinges.
John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
door window hinges1.jpg    47.2 KB
door window hinges1.jpg

door window hinges2.jpg    38.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
I'm usually supportive of modifications, but this one.....no. Totally out of character and awful.

gina98776 kenneth taylor
Oxford, ct, USA   USA
Chad,my car is a little out of character.I built it from the frame up to look exactly like a 'Hot Wheels' model car.It's green and has the racing stripes and exact sponsorship names on the front fenders.Number 17. If you ever run into a store that sells ' Hot Wheels' model cars,check it out.My brother had two TR 6's that we kept original,but I like to do things out of the ordinary.The car is always a hit at car shows as the younger kids like the race car theme.I always carry a couple of model cars and give them to the real young kids as a souvineer.So to some things up I thought the Lamborghini door set-up would be the icing on the cake.Appreciate your response and know where you're coming from when you want to keep the car in original condition. Thanks Kimbo

kirks-auto Platinum Member Robert Kirk
Davenport, Iowa, USA   USA
Pardon, how does one top hinge a convertible? confused smiley

Regards,
Robert Kirk

kirkbrit@yahoo.com

Business phone 563 323 1017
Orders only please 800 547 5747
cell, if you must, and I know where it is 563 940 1864

http://kirks-auto.com

Moss distributor UK importer
Beat or match any retail/delivered quote

byakk0 Avatar
byakk0 Hazen Wardle
Boise, Idaho, USA   USA
Theoretically doable.

Lambo style doors.

top hinged doors are gull-wing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~Hazen.

Yes doable if you have a full hard top as you pictured.
Not likely when there is no upper body support as per a convertible whose entire body integrity are the front and rear bulkheads and sills. What is going to support the doors, hydraulics and or torsion springs....the windshield????

I've been there when after market kits were installed and it is one mean mother fit even on a full sized car/truck and I dare say impossible with a car structured like a u

Regards,
Robert Kirk

kirkbrit@yahoo.com

Mark Jones Avatar
1995 MG MGF "Barney"
Hard top isn't needed for lambo does, many convertibles have had lambo kits added to them.

MOWOG Garage serving the needs of all Post Abingdon MG owners in Lambton Co. since 2011.

gina98776 kenneth taylor
Oxford, ct, USA   USA
Back to my original question.Does anyone know if anyone makes a Lamborghini style door lift kit for a Triumph TR6?I know they have them for a Miata,but can't find anyone who makes them for the TR6.

In reply to # 1480073 by byakk0 Theoretically doable.

I suppose that is the point I am trying to make. While it can be done, I personally feel it may not be a lasting "do". During my 55 years of dealing with convertibles, having a pair of hinges on the A post with a corresponding latch on the B post becomes difficult to match over time. I had a Vega Sedan too whose door dropped the better part of an inch om 5 years driving. But I infer my subtle and well intended suggestion is falling on deaf ears. confused smiley

Regards,
Robert Kirk

kirkbrit@yahoo.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-25 07:52 PM by kirks-auto.

Mark Jones Avatar
1995 MG MGF "Barney"
No, you will have to buy a generic kit.
http://www.scissor-doors.com/lambo-doors/

In reply to # 1480579 by gina98776 Back to my original question.Does anyone know if anyone makes a Lamborghini style door lift kit for a Triumph TR6?I know they have them for a Miata,but can't find anyone who makes them for the TR6.

byakk0 Avatar
byakk0 Hazen Wardle
Boise, Idaho, USA   USA
I like the odd "what if" sort of questions myself, even if never I intend anything of the sort. More to satisfy a curiosity than anything.

I supposed you could mock up a pic in Photoshop just to see what it would look like with the doors open.
But engineering a set would be a feat all in its own as I highly doubt there are any manufacturers as the market is so very small.

In reply to # 1480657 by kirks-auto
In reply to # 1480073 by byakk0 Theoretically doable.

I suppose that is the point I am trying to make. While it can be done, I personally feel it may not be a lasting "do". During my 55 years of dealing with convertibles, having a pair of hinges on the A post with a corresponding latch on the B post becomes difficult to match over time. I had a Vega Sedan too whose door dropped the better part of an inch om 5 years driving. But I infer my subtle and well intended suggestion is falling on deaf ears. confused smiley

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~Hazen.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster