Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Falkon Avatar
Falkon Al Martin
Appleton, Wisconsin, USA   USA
Need a v-belt analysis from an expert. I put a new electric clutch on my Cub Cadet and now the belt from the deck turns itself 90 deg onto this pulley. It does run a while that way but wears out faster than it should. Straighten it and it just flips to the side. Could it be a strange pulley angle. Same belt as before. 2 belts have done this now.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
Al,

Don't claim to be an expert, but sold a lot of auto parts in past life. Snapper used to spec a belt with a cross section shaped like a stop sign - sort of a back-to-back v-belt for the contortions on top of the deck with all the pulleys. Is something like that required for your application as well? Put another way - are you sure you have the correct belt?

Good luck,
Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Also check the bearing assemblies for looseness. That turned out to be the reason Dad's Cub Cadet ZTR was throwing the deck belt.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Falkon Avatar
Falkon Al Martin
Appleton, Wisconsin, USA   USA
Well I finally have it running w/o twisting itself on the clutch pulley. I installed a 95" belt instead of the spec 96.5" ones. It pulls tighter w/ no slop to contact other metal parts of the deck like the other ones did.

frandrum Frank D
Warminster, PA, USA   USA
Is there a tensioner pulley as part of the belt arrangement? Tensioner is intended to take any slack out of the belt. If there is, the spring may have lost strength.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster