Laugh for the day

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
I lurk on eBay from time to time; as every once in a great while a good deal comes up. But I'm constantly amused at how so many sellers appear to have not the faintest idea of what they are actually selling.

Here is one that I found particularly amusing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-TR2-TR3-OEM-Lug-Nuts-/352045764899?hash=item51f7901123:g:ibIAAOSww3tY3~Vs

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
cmfisher4 Avatar
cmfisher4 Gold Member Chris Fisher
Mystic, Connecticut, USA   USA
Well, those (and about 6 more) will help you definitely win that Concourse show! They are OEM after all!

Cheers,
Chris

I learn something new every day...especially if I am working on my LBC!
Please visit my blog and website at http://www.roundtailrestoration.com

Desert TR Avatar
Desert TR Gold Member Jim P
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA   USA
I guess I'm more of a cynic. Does he not understand what he is selling or he he hoping the buyer won't and pay $18 for $0.20 worth of used nuts?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Well, since they obviously aren't lug nuts at all; I'd say its a little bit of both.

IF it was a full set of original TR3 lug nuts (which are larger than normal lug nuts due to a factory upgrade), that might not be a totally unreasonable price. But I'm pretty sure that's actually a set of TR3 head nuts. And the price is sure a lot more than I would pay.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
That's right up there with this one - perpetually resisted on CL in my area. ( he must occasionally sell some)
What a scam. The interwebs are certainly a reflection of human nature; the good, the bad, and the idiots.

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

Attachments:
IMG_1759.jpg    28.4 KB
IMG_1759.jpg

westbo Avatar
westbo Warren Westbo
Stockton Springs, Maine, USA   USA
Must be one incredible lug nut.

"There's a sucker born every minute." — PT Barnum

Warren Westbo
73 Mimosa TR6

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster