HELP Please, Technical web stuff

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Colts Neck, New Jersey, USA   USA
Hi guys and dolls,

I am newbie Dave. Having great conversations w/ rrdster about our cars ( 2000, Roadster forum) I have images of my jalopy ( 49 TDA saloon) that were posted on Google Chrome HTML documents and do not conform to the requirements for attaching herein. I can't post them.
Is there a way to convert them to a jpeg or some type that can be posted? I want everyone to see what an original Triumph looks like lol. British Heritage, TROC, RHD, imported British car, and Cornellian owners.
Wish I could fit in a TR-3A!
Dave

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Desert TR Avatar
Desert TR Gold Member Jim P
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA   USA
Dave,

There are many ways to convert a document to a jpeg or pdf. It usually involves printing them and scanning them into the new format. The easier way is to not attach it, but rather link it. You can copy the link to a HTML and copy it below your text. As an example, here is a link to a Moss "Paper" on tires. Bring up the HTML, highlight and copy the header, click on the test box and press ctl V . You can also do the same with shareable links from cloud drives (like Google Drive) for files that are larger than the site limit.

Jim

http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/products/PDF/Tire%20Sizes.pdf

Hi Jim,
OK up to "test box". Whats a text box? Is this ( I use wiki a lot) :White-box testing (also known as clear box testing, glass box testing, transparent box testing? Is this the place on the reply page that asks: Choose file?
I appreciate the help Jim, believe me. Buy the way, I need tires.
Dave

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
Often for a large image file, you can email it to yourself, it will be converted to a smaller doc that's easy to deal with. You can save the new image and post that one. Work around, but I do it all the time - easiest quickest way with the iPad.

Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

Desert TR Avatar
Dave,

What I meant was to stay away from the "click to attach a photo or file..." attachment option. Simply type your message in the 'Message:" box like you normally would in posting a reply or new topic and copy the link at the bottom of your message. When you copy the web page link, it stores it on a clipboard. When you press the control key and "V" key at the same time, (crtl V) it copies whatever you have on the clipboard to wherever your cursor is currently siting (bottom of the test you just typed). In the example I used, I copied the Moss web address and then moved my cursor to the bottom of the page and pressed Ctrl V. You should be able to copy the desired web address for your HTML by highlighting it (www.whaterver...) by right mouse clicking it and pressing copy. If you don't have copy that comes up, highlight the address and press Ctrl C. It will copy the address to the clipboard.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Im glad you have patients. When you say Test, do you mean text? That i understand. It was a busy day today. Nice, warm and no rain. I began work on disassembling the Triumph so I am aching now like you woun't believe. I am keeping a running diary of this project on the 2000 renown forum. When I figure out what your telling me I will post the images the NJ Triumph club made. Great people. Ray is the Pres.
I am also learning how to navigate this site a little bit better. Everyone has been extremely helpful .
Later Jim.

Desert TR Avatar
Dave,

Yes. sorry for the typo. You just need to copy the link in the text or message box. I think you're making this way too hard. Treat the link like any other text. If you were posting a message and you wanted to include text from a Word or other file, you would highlight it, copy, move to the Triumph site, click on the message text box and paste. (Ctrl C is copy, Ctrl V is paste when working with programs or sites that don't have copy and paste buttons) I'm guessing you're an Apple user. This site has more of a PC interface.

Jim

Hi Jim, I attempted a few of the methods you recommended, with no luck. I then inspected "properties" again.
Security: Encryption level, HIGH. Apparently the images are not permitted resending but I did make prints which I can scan to new files, so that is where I am at.
I will post a few later when I get back in. It is just an old car being resurrected as Frankintriump. I will probably get booted out of the forum!
Dave

Desert TR Avatar
Dave,

Can you select the page and create a shareable read only or downloadable link like in Google Drive? (place cursor over and right mouse click)

Jim

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Jim.

I have spent the last 6 days removing the cab from my TDA saloon. When they say 26 bolts, there are 26 bolts. some were missing indication of some one worked on the car perhaps? I have never been so sore. cardboard creepers on the trailer! God will bring me a lift one day.

I am incredibly stupid when using keyboards. I type, and paste and cut some in what I call my composition, or idea for a publishing, which has been almost full time for about 2 years. Not being able to navigate well limits my search ability, and to copy stuff I see for the research side of the work, which is all internet and library books.

I tells a story about the first two decades of the 20th C. and what events affected the persons we will meet, who took the photos, we will see. (mine) which are approaching 100 years old June 2019, officially, but may date back further in origin. New items come up every day: The Titanic; the great war, as they used it; Progressivism; Taylorism; Capitalism, ( not to discuss politics here). Believe it or not, mosquitoes were a big deal. Suffrage is not exhibited in any of the images, so certain topics were not important to the photographers, while other ones were.

Unquestionably, photo editing of any image can improve its appearance, and I know this must be a huge bone of contention in the industry, but to quote Stieglitz, I think, "Leave it alone." His demand for perfect work could have resulted in his failures ( if any) and successes, also if any. Camera Work is insanely valuable photo studies, which prove the theory. In a perfect world I could copy and reproduce the images without digital technology, but I fear we can not. We can not even have this conversation if it were not for the miracle of digital technology. So using photo editing would not be a bad thing, per se? Or would it? Could showing something that was not the same as the original would be dishonest , in an extreme point of view.

My question is this, If by attempting to alter the original design of the TDA, do I violate a certain ethic of true car collectors? Will I draw their wrath and consternation? I do feel guilty about doing this. I know it may require some alteration of the original body, or I create a new body based on the original design? Or do I put it back together?
clean and inspect all components, lube, paint chassis perhaps ( oil) or wax.

Rebuild coming someday.

Day off to all.

Attachments:
IMG_4154.JPG    40.3 KB
IMG_4154.JPG

IMG_4166.JPG    68.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_4162.JPG    61 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster