AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dplass Avatar
dplass Silver Member David P
Merrick, New York, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "The Beast"
2011 Ford Fusion
Whenever wear a dusk mask, my glasses fog up and I can hardly see. Any advice from other people who wear glasses, on using those cheap paper masks?

What brand/type/? of respirator is a good alternative to those cheap dusk masks?

-D

1972 GT6 MK3 "The Beast"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Desert TR Avatar
Desert TR Gold Member Jim P
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA   USA
David,

Try the 3M version with the exhale valve. You also need to bend the metal strip at the nose to "seal" it. When you exhale, it's going up past the mask and fogging your glasses. I use the 3M dust masks for sanding, etc and the respirator when painting and using chemicals like strippers. The respirator has both a first particle filter and a chemical filter, both of which can be changed out. These are the particle filters after painting the hood Triumph Racing Green base coat. (Three coats) Not something you want in your lungs. grinning smiley

Jim

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-N95-Woodworking-and-Sanding-Painted-Surfaces-Respirator-Mask-10-Pack-8511PB2-A/202077815

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Large-Paint-Project-Respirator-Mask-6311PA1-A/100195886

Attachments:
002.JPG    62.8 KB
002.JPG

dplass Avatar
dplass Silver Member David P
Merrick, New York, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "The Beast"
2011 Ford Fusion
Thanks Jim.

-D

1972 GT6 MK3 "The Beast"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
David,

I hate the darn things - with/without my glasses. The better quality respirator types with a rubber seal are not quite as bad, but if it's hot and you're sweating none of them work too well.

If it's not too hot you can seal the bridge across your nose with blue painters tape.

Don't freak out - but you can also try the old diver's trick, spit saliva on the inside of your glasses and rub it around. Cuts down on the fogging quite a bit.

In the end it's somewhat of a PITA.

Let us know if you were to find this particular unicorn.

Thanks, Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-24 01:58 PM by BraxtonO.

ian mac Avatar
ian mac Ian Mcdonald
Aberdeen, Washington, USA   USA
rub a tiny bit of dawn washing up soap on the lenses untill they are clear and dry ...... works a treat on old motorcycle lenses too.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster