AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Brad.Cogan Avatar
Brad.Cogan Bradley Cogan
RAF Cosford, Shropshire, UK   GBR
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Wray"
2007 Fiat Grande Punto "Pepper"
Hey just wondering if anyone has any good ideas to get rid of spiders in a single car garage and keep them out?

Doesn't help that I'm severely arachnophobic!

Brad Cogan

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 'Wray'
2007 Fiat Grande Punto Active 1.2 'Pepper'

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Desert TR Avatar
Desert TR Gold Member Jim P
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA   USA
Brad,

Just be careful. Many of these foggers can be flammable in the wrong concentration. Put out all pilot lights. The advantage is you set it off and walk away. I've used them to get rid of black widow spiders, which are very venomous.

Jim

http://www.target.com/p/raid-indoor-fogger-value-4-pack/-/A-49178881?sid=2813S&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Patio+Garden+Shopping_Brand&adgroup=SC_Patio+Garden&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9030453&gclid=CjwKEAjwwcjGBRDj-P7TwcinyBkSJADymblTIRu-eWe36lUY36OKbQE_hHdzC48PsHU7k0DtyynyqhoCEXLw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

byakk0 Avatar
byakk0 Hazen Wardle
Boise, Idaho, USA   USA
Just don't do this:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/devon-doucette-burns-down-parents-house-kills-pets-in-attempt-to-exterminate-ants-maine/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~Hazen.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
When my parents bought a retirement home in a brand new development on what had been fields & forest, they had these 1 to 1 1/2" fuzzy black spiders in the garage. They used to freak me out regularly. My method was simple. STOMP THEM, and leave the flattened bodies there... They eventually stopped coming around. Probably not so much my stomping s much as moving out because the area no longer supported them... Those suckers were FAST... Now I am in my own house, I have "hoppers" in the basement- Camel Crickets" (Rhaphidophoridae) and I have learned to live with them... They are not dangerous, and more stupid than anything... They are ugly as f***, but harmless... I usually stomp them too, but the house ones will run- while the ones in the garage will just watch as the foot comes down on them! I talk to them when I go to the basement, and the cats get the ones who come upstairs... lol...

Scott

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-23 07:25 AM by ng19delta.

bonnett1954 Avatar
bonnett1954 Silver Member Dave Bonnett
Las Vegas, NEVADA, USA   USA
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Union Jack"
In reply to # 1443829 by Brad.Cogan Hey just wondering if anyone has any good ideas to get rid of spiders in a single car garage and keep them out?

Doesn't help that I'm severely arachnophobic!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/wellbeing/6399171/How-to-conquer-your-Arachnophobia.html

TriumphFan Avatar
TriumphFan Jim S
Cumming, Georgia, USA   USA
1967 Triumph GT6 MkI "Cantankerous"
Is your garage sheet rocked? If not then fogging will work.
If sheet rocked and painted what you can do is re-paint with a quality semi-gloss paint. Spiders don't like the slick surfaces. Neither does mold for that matter.
My garage had the cheap builder-spec flat paint which was rough and almost chalky. Spiders freakin loved it and I had to vacuum the little suckers from every corner and the ceiling constantly. After I re-painted the spiders are still found occasionally but it is easy to brush the webs off with a cobweb brush. No webs = no spiders since they can't eat and simply shrivel up and die.
Painting also lightens the room quite a bit and keeps mold off the walls.

"If you didn't build it, it's not really yours"

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
Scott every fall my basement get those stupid fuzzy crickets, I usually net them and feed them to some of my larger south American fish. As for spiders hiding in the corners of my basement, I sometimes hit them with some aircraft finish remover to kill them. I know evil, but they are in my house!

74 TR6 - Carbs by POOLBOY
81 Corvette

ArtL Avatar
ArtL Art Liefke
Kings Park, New York, USA   USA
I've used Spider and Cricket glue traps for crickets, and they worked well. Don't know how they would work for spiders, but might be worth a try.

Art

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA

I think i will stick to stomping on them or spraying with aircraft finish remover!

74 TR6 - Carbs by POOLBOY
81 Corvette

Arctik Avatar
Arctik Gary Schunk
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1965 Triumph Spitfire MkII "Lilith"
2002 Ford Mustang "Abigail"
2014 Hyundai Genesis "Azula"
There's only one logical solution,

Born Loser Avatar
Born Loser Silver Member Matthew Taylor
Land O Lake, Florida, USA   USA
We have spiders in almost all of our refrigeration rack houses. You walk in with a broom to knock down the webs. I walked in one, and the webs were still down from the last time. Checked the log book, it had been months! What was the solution? Took a while, but I dropped a wrench, and went I leaned down to get it, came face to face with a black widow. She has kept that rack house otherwise spider free for years! Give it a try!

Matthew
1960 Triumph TR3a
1970 Triumph Spitfire MK 3
2012 Mini Cooper SS Convertible

ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
In reply to # 1454533 by Born Loser We have spiders in almost all of our refrigeration rack houses. You walk in with a broom to knock down the webs. I walked in one, and the webs were still down from the last time. Checked the log book, it had been months! What was the solution? Took a while, but I dropped a wrench, and went I leaned down to get it, came face to face with a black widow. She has kept that rack house otherwise spider free for years! Give it a try!

I'll pass...

eye popping smiley

Scott

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
Look online for "Demon WP".

It comes in self dissolving packets you drop in a two gallon pump sprayer. It's practically odorless and colorless and leaves no visible residue. It's slow kill and works on EVERYTHING but is safe for pets and kids.

tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR
Toads

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links