AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
In reply to # 1320072 by 1147cc My advice... When you buy parts and pay for something... Take those receipts and throw them in a dark place and never look at them again.

I'll second that. Otherwise you might start thinkingyou can get out of the car what you put in- and that will NEVER happen- unless you find a sucker at Barrett Jackson...

I once (about three years or so ago) totaled up what I had in the TR6... I imagine I doubled it by now. It is money gone, and I have the car I want for it, so I'm good. A lot less worry than spreadsheeting & going nuts over nickels and dimes when dollars are running...
Scott

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
In reply to # 1321398 by billspit Be careful. It's a trick!

Admiral Ackbar's clarification, "It's a TRAP!"

Scott

dplass Avatar
dplass Silver Member David P
Merrick, New York, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "The Beast"
2011 Ford Fusion
Uh, oh...I've got a pretty detailed spreadsheet going...and it's already not looking pretty.

In reply to # 1465358 by ng19delta
In reply to # 1320072 by 1147cc My advice... When you buy parts and pay for something... Take those receipts and throw them in a dark place and never look at them again.

I'll second that. Otherwise you might start thinkingyou can get out of the car what you put in- and that will NEVER happen- unless you find a sucker at Barrett Jackson...

I once (about three years or so ago) totaled up what I had in the TR6... I imagine I doubled it by now. It is money gone, and I have the car I want for it, so I'm good. A lot less worry than spreadsheeting & going nuts over nickels and dimes when dollars are running...
Scott

-D

1972 GT6 MK3 "The Beast"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ar2stp48 Paul Best
Magnolia, Arkansas, USA   USA
"...Who is this person and what have they done with my wife?!..." I know that feeling and have pondered the same question

The TR6 was my query. I bought an aluminum car trailer from a fellow collector and figured I had spent my budget. A couple of days later the TR6 came available from same collector. I mentioned it to my wife at dinner; she never hesitated---go buy it....and I did. Her reasoning was the TR6 was/is a running, driving project that WE can enjoy while I work on it The MGA, MGB, and FJ40 Landcruisers are true projects

the elder rocker Avatar
the elder rocker Mike Burgess
Albert, Kansas, USA   USA
Hey David-
You rescued a raggedy GT6. Good on you! You got the wife on board. Double that! Some people rescue starving horses. It's their gig and noble but the Triumph doesn't eat gas sitting and I never had to clean up after a car with a wide shovel! Costs are about the same, though. Caveat- It's waaay cheaper to trade cars than to trade women! Keep her at least somewhat on board!thumbs up

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
You should try working on 5 spreadsheets cool smiley

Cheers
Tush

In reply to # 1465362 by dplass Uh, oh...I've got a pretty detailed spreadsheet going...and it's already not looking pretty.

Scott

dplass Avatar
dplass Silver Member David P
Merrick, New York, USA   USA
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "The Beast"
2011 Ford Fusion
Ha! Well you seem to be flying through your project. T minus 55? My plan is to complete before 2022, The Beast's 50th birthday...

In reply to # 1473677 by M. Pied Lourd You should try working on 5 spreadsheets cool smiley

Cheers
Tush

In reply to # 1465362 by dplass Uh, oh...I've got a pretty detailed spreadsheet going...and it's already not looking pretty.

Scott

-D

1972 GT6 MK3 "The Beast"

Trusty Paul Monette
Bad Homburg, Hessen, Germany   DEU
Put a dollar in a piggy bank for every hour you work on the car. When you finally finish you'll have enough money to buy an SUV or a 1+ restored Triumph.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster