Member Page: Catherine Plotkin
Member ID: plotkincStatus: Free Member
Edmond, Oklahoma, USA
Member Since: 2015-06-11
Home Site: The Triumph Experience
Email: Sign in to view
Last Login: 2017-10-12 14:14
Forum Activity: 2017-10-12 14:19
Forum Posts: 24
Personal Vehicle Registry
1978 Triumph GT6 MkIII
Member Journal – Catherine Plotkin's Journal
There are 4 total entries in this Journal.
Posted on: Saturday June 10, 2017
After taking it down to fix a rust issue in in the Bonnet and getting the car painted all the same color of British Racing Green she is finally back ready to autocross tomorrow. Once the car got to the body shop I decided to pull the engine and transmission and fix an oil leak and a shifting issue. The transmission rebuild went very well with the help of a friend who has done them before. The oil leak project got more invasive than planned. once I had the oil pan off, checked the thr...
Posted on: Wednesday September 2, 2015
Brakes did not sound good on the way home, so now busy fixing the rear brakes. Got the rear brake pads, adjusters and springs replaced. Got to do it twice. I pulled out the shop manual and fitted the pads and springs. I used the existing installation as a guide and on the first try put the upper spring outboard of the shoes. So this morning, I took the pads off and put them on correctly. The adjustment went much smoother than last week. Tomorrow taking it out for a trial run. Next ...
Posted on: Sunday August 30, 2015
Yesterday got ready to replace the parking brake cable, since it was stretched and could not set it. As all things Triumph there were a few items on the way. Got one lug caught in the wrench. After getting that out, the husband decided he needed to help remove the rest of the lug nuts. When one did not give, he stepped on the lug wrench and promptly broke it! Oh, for those who use strength instead of finesse. So we removed the existing parking brake cable. Not recommended unless it is...
Posted on: Friday August 21, 2015
Brought the car home from Wisconsin in June. The repairs began when we took it off the trailer. The exhaust system caught on the trailer, so that was replaced the next day. During the run to to check out the exhaust found an old radiator hose, that is replaced. Got ready to change the oil and found that NAPA had the wrong size oil filter. Now have the right size oil filter and next step is to replace the parking brake cable. It needs to be adjusted and is too stretched to adjust it. ...
Triumph Exp Library Articles
No tech articles written by this member.