Member Page: Eric O

ohmite Eric O

Eric O

Member ID: ohmite
Status: Free Member
Eden, NY, USA   USA
Member Since: 2013-03-07
Home Site: The Triumph Experience
Last Login: 2017-11-18 19:36
Forum Activity: 2017-11-18 19:36
Forum Posts: 188

Painting is done !

Refinished the dash with walnut burl, it looks great. Body was separated from the frame and placed on the rotisserie. Floors, sills, fenders, A and B-posts are done. Frame/jig on the rotisserie worked out great, nothing moved or twisted. Cleaning up welds on the bottom side now. Frame has been treated with internal frame coat, Now painted with AG111 MasterSeries frame paint kit. O/D transmission rebuilt. Motor run and test of the overdrive transmission completed.
Lots of progress being made....

Upcoming Events

I will be at these upcoming events and shows:
No events found.

Personal Vehicle Registry

1957 MG MGA 1500 OEW And Primer Grey Eric O

1957 MG MGA 1500

1959 MG MGA 1500 Orient Red Eric O

1959 MG MGA 1500

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 White Eric O

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500

1977 MG MGB MkIII Red Eric O


4 Vehicles — Total mileage: 145,031 mi (233,405 km) — Average age: 1967

Member Journal – Eric O's Journal

There are 436 total entries in this Journal.

Getting The Body Lined Up

Posted on: Wednesday November 15, 2017

Bolts lined up and in loosely

Had a couple of hours to work in the cold garage today. I was able to line up and install (loosely) 8 of the bolts that attach the body to the frame. There is a slight issue on the right front hole below the firewall that I may have to do a slight relief on to get the bolt to catch the threads. I'm not satisfied yet that a little more giggling will get it to align. The bolts above the rear spring and behind the kick panel are in and the holes in the trunk area are aligned well and the Oute...

Little Bites

Posted on: Sunday November 12, 2017

Didn't have much time today, but got a little done on the MGB. I installed a new copper washer on the flex line to the 3-way connection on the differential for the brakes, hopefully that will stop the weeping leak. I also installed a new clamp around the new brake line I installed previously that holds it to the differential tube. I the installed new rubber boots that cover the hole in the brake backplate for the e-brake levers. I removed the passenger seat to gain access to the e-br...

The Body Is On!

Posted on: Saturday November 11, 2017

My help

My sons and local MGExp member Jeff Strong came by and we placed the body on the frame. With all the planning and set up, it took all of 10 minutes to do. We spent time after admiring the sight and talking about some extra MGB parts I just got. The only complaint I got from everyone was I picked one of the coldest days so far to do it, fortunately we didn't have to spend too much time in the cold. Later in the day, I moved more parts up to the house and tried to organize the chaos a bit....

Getting Organized And Finishing Up The Dash

Posted on: Sunday November 5, 2017

Getting the tool wall organized

I moved some MGA and MGB parts up to the new house. I then spent some time organizing the shop and getting it ready to work on the MGB. I took the hard top off and stored it off in the corner, that made it easier to work under the dash. I installed the new fan switch and tested both the fan and backlight. They both worked properly. I then was able to reinstall the cover over the steering wheel switches and checked that everything still worked. I also installed a new rubber pad on the ba...

... and 432 more posts.

Triumph Exp Library Articles

No tech articles written by this member.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Triumph 1300

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links