I have a long list of things that need to be done on the MGB so I just tried to check as many off as I could today while the weather was nice.
I replaced the seals around the front turn signal lenses; vacuumed the trunk and interior and then washed it out; installed the carpet in the trunk; installed the brake switch and tested it; and stripped and painted the metal cover that goes over the pedal box. While I was stripping and painting I also did the differential cover plate for the Spitfire. After the paint dried I made up a new rubber gasket and installed the cover over the pedals. The Spitfire plate will go in once I get the body mounted.
I installed the voltmeter and its light, but that was a little more involved and harder on my body while I contorted myself under the dash repeatedly. I used the wiring for the clock that was there. Since it is always hot (purple wire), it serves as a good indicator of the true battery level as well and when I open/close the battery kill switch. I had to cut off the old connector because I couldn't find a mate anywhere (I looked everywhere ). So I spliced in some removable inline connectors so when I do decide to put in a clock it will be easier. I tested it with a fused power supply and again with the battery, then started the car and checked the alternator output. It all checked out good. While I was dressing the wires I noticed two connectors weren't where the should be. They came off the nearby heater switch. I tried for over an hour to get the switch out and succeeded in frustrating myself completely. Time to walk away and try another day...
Some progress made, but still a long list of things to do, more parts need to be ordered too.
Cleaning up the trunk carpet
Installed, the tire looks pretty good in there
And with the tire cover, trunk is set
Painting the pedal box cover and Spitfire differential cover