I got quite a bit of time today to work on the MGB.
I got the clutch hardline hooked up. I tried gravity bleeding the clutch and got nowhere. I tried vacuum bleeding and was still getting air from somewhere. Jeff Strong (local MGExp member) has been sandblasting my rims. He brought two more over, so I asked him to help me bleed the system. We tried the two person pedal push bleeding, but were never able to develop pressure and it still seemed to have air in the lines. He has an EZBleeder so he brought that over and we tried that. The first time it helped a little. I was about ready to take the master out again, thinking there was something else wrong. We tried the EZBleeder again and this time I got a big air bubble then a steady stream of fluid. I closed the bleeder and Jeff said here was good pedal pressure and I could see the clutch arm move. Success! I started the car and ran through the gears and the clutch worked great, disengaging and engaging and shifting smoothly. The back wheels were off and the hubs spun freely. I'm relieved the clutch wasn't frozen solid to the flywheel (often found on cars that have sat a long time). No odd noises from the transmission or differential, so fingers crossed the drivetrain is going to have no issues when put to use.
Thanks Jeff you are a lifesaver!
I was also able to get the gas filler tube replaced and removed the metal part that the cap attaches to and dumped it in some Evaporust.
I was also able to remove both rear brake assemblies, but the line on the passenger side brake broke while I was trying to remove it. Luckily I have new lines to go in.
I also got a couple of coats of self etching primer on the rims that Jeff brought over.
A good day!
Finally a clutch system that works!
Fixing up the fuel filler set up
Passenger side brake stripped and ready to mount the new parts